Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is part of the reason no-one rides the San Fran BART anymore because these seats really suck!?

Is part of the reason no-one rides the San Fran BART anymore because these seats really suck!?

1. Anybody who rides the T is going to look for a seat but these are just WTF.
And the other side has none. You can't even lie down fr. chrissakes.

Posted - September 24, 2023

Responses

I took the bart "once," and vowed never again.  It takes longer and the train signs are confusing.  The train was not the cleanest and the tracks were in what looked like very rough areas, graffiti everywhere, on every building and everything was run down. Not a pleasant trip at all.  After the long wait for the return train I arrived to my vehicle only to discover a ticket for parking past the time. I'd rather drive and deal with the traffic jams and hunt for a parking place. 
      September 24, 2023 9:51 AM MDT

At least they offer seats, even if very uncomfortable concrete blocks.

A friend who has often travelled in Europe, told me recently there are no seats at all in the main railway station in Hamburg!
      October 31, 2023 4:23 PM MDT

That's one way to keep the homeless from sleeping in the subway.  NYC should try it.
      November 1, 2023 7:38 AM MDT