Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » General » Life & Society » If you got rid of everything that you own that is made in China, how much stuff would you have left?

If you got rid of everything that you own that is made in China, how much stuff would you have left?

Manufacturing Talk Radio Podcast | Chinese Government Attempts to ...

Posted - November 25, 2023

Responses

Probably very little.  I have been trying to buy products not made in China, but there aren't many things made in the USA.  I definitely will not buy anything plastic that comes from China.
      November 25, 2023 7:38 AM MST

Food, home, appliances, car, furnishings, clothing.  Some electronics but the cheap stuff was probably made in China. A number of my recent purchases were made in Viet Nam.  Little this and that like garlic presses and that kind of thing are probably China made.  I have tried for years to not buy China stuff.  I paid a premium for my washer and dryer because I would not buy Chinese made appliances.  Today, though, many brands are manufacturing their major appliances in the USA.  I don't know about small appliances.  I don't buy everything that hits the market.  A bunch of small appliances just takes up space, or worse, clutters a counter.   
      November 25, 2023 8:46 AM MST

I would keep everything except the TV, computers and phones.  I pay attention to where my stuff is made when I buy it.

This post was edited by Livvie at December 2, 2023 3:29 AM MST
      November 25, 2023 10:30 AM MST

Not sure. I have a lot of clutter here.

Have been avoiding Chinese-made products as much as possible for about 20 years. Don't like their monopolistic practices and economic aggression.
    My phone and IT stuff are from Korea. My husband's cars are Japanese. Most of my food comes from within a radius of 40 kilometers. Most of my clothes are from fabrics grown and made in this country, and designed and sewn in this country - the exceptions being the few necessities we can't produce. It's not jingoism; it's low carbon-footprint values.
    But these days there are components that come from all sorts of places; one can't always know where every part of every item has come from.
    If I had to take drugs to keep me alive, I imagine they most likely be manufactured under the red flag. Hard to escape that one.
      November 25, 2023 8:59 PM MST