Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why do people have different ideals about what a long age life is supposed to be?

Why do people have different ideals about what a long age life is supposed to be?

I had a heavy metal friend who says after the tumult that's it for me while another painter friend insists to live to a hundred. They did not get along. One was too reserved and the other was too licentious.

Posted - November 26, 2023

Responses

My belief is once quality of life is gone, what's the point.  I used to visit a stroke patient in a nursing home, 24/7 he yelled "help me, help me." The nurse told me he cried for help day and night, never stopping. He would quiet down when I talked to him but was unable to carry on a conversation, ask questions or anything else, he would listen, that's all.  Once I left he resumed the cry for help, my heart sank when I left his room. Pictures of his life before the stroke were on a board by his bed; nice family, wife, children, looks as if he had a happy life, I think of him from time to time. He is only one of many I visited at various places that are still in my heart.  
      November 26, 2023 10:49 AM MST

Ahh that's it. Acquired quality of life factors. Can you describe why it is...my  concept just blew out the window and maybe it will reocurr. Oh. Why is it that someone said you can live without sex but you can't live without touch. Why is this meaning? How do you spell reoccur? This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at November 26, 2023 11:01 AM MST
      November 26, 2023 10:59 AM MST

It is designed and built into us as living beings.  It is in all nature to varying degrees.  Even the trees each out to each other under the earth with their roots (arms).  They communicate with one another, sometimes two trees with a seedling popping up between them, will stop growing limbs and leaves on the side of the seedling so it will have more light and allow it to grow. 
      November 26, 2023 1:09 PM MST