Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Might I post something you might not like?

Might I post something you might not like?

Posted - January 17

Responses

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!
      January 18, 2024 2:44 AM MST

You may, indeed, even if I don't like it. 

There are about 1,7 billion Muslims in the world, and this addresses them as if they were one and the same. Many live happily in the U.S. and make no insignificant contribution to it. 

If they have a different country of origin, chances are it would be better off without America's interference. Why talk about someone else's "crapholes," when I hear both Democrats and Republicans saying there are parts of their own country that should be wiped clean?
      January 18, 2024 5:22 AM MST

I believe if anyone immigrates here and they do not like it here, they should absolutely go somewhere else that they do like. 

I also apply that to any American who immigrants to another country,  if you do not like it, go somewhere where you do. 
      January 18, 2024 7:12 PM MST

And then we have the problem of those who thought they could come here and take a swim to freedom. 
      January 18, 2024 7:14 PM MST

Yep, border needs to be secured and people deported who came illegally. 
      January 18, 2024 7:24 PM MST

Absolutely.
      January 18, 2024 7:28 PM MST

I don't want to reply to anyone directly with this, because I'm not attacking anyone. I think everyone deserves the chance of a more secure and fruitful life. It's natural to expect appropriate behaviour from them, but many people seem to write immigrants off altogether, just because "they came here later." Odds are you weren't exactly the first, either... 

To add to that, I've been looking into coming to the U.S., and everything is more complicated than may seem. For starters, I'd need to pay the fees, pass a medical exam, offer a vaccination record, have an interview at the embassy, prove that I have ties to my country that will compel me to return, have the necessary funds for the entirety of my stay, etc. This is just for a tourist visa, and, if I do get it, I still won't be allowed to work there. A work visa seems to require having a prospective employer to sponsor you, and I can barely get a job without making such a request. 

Not to mention how much it costs just to apply for an immigrant visa, which, after a three-year wait, might still be denied.
      January 19, 2024 4:46 AM MST

You might and you did. 

:(
      January 27, 2024 8:03 PM MST