Discussion » Questions » Legal » SCOTUS rules Trump CANNOT be removed from ballots, 9-0. Surprised?

SCOTUS rules Trump CANNOT be removed from ballots, 9-0. Surprised?

I was, I expected a split vote.  Good for them. 
14th amendment only to be enforced by Congress.

Immunity for Presidential actions next.

Posted - March 4

Responses

Not surprised. This is regarding a federal office and ballot eligibility for federal offices needs to be uniform across the country, not decided in each state. 
      March 4, 2024 10:06 AM MST

The dissenters made it clear they only agreed with the judgment, not the rationale used to get there.  The court stuck with the constitution, democracy, separation of powers, and federalism.    A thankful citizen am I.  I can hardly even imagine my state telling me that I cannot vote for my choice of candidate because they (the powers that be) do not want the possibility of my guy winning.  In what world is that OK?!
      March 4, 2024 5:46 PM MST

(Ditto on Jane S' answer from me.)

And I still won't vote for that guy.

But, let everyone else get their guy. He'll probably win. I assume he will.

But if he does win, why should I believe the vote results? It's all rigged.
    Oh, I forgot - - it's only rigged if he loses. And, wait -- he's so persecuted.  But he's only persecuted if he loses. If he wins, it's all good and valid, I assume.

Off-topic ---
    I can't ignore that guy's (to me) blatantly publicly rude, publicly arrogant, publicly name-calling, publicly egocentric, publicly selfish (among others) behaviors. He constantly displays behaviors that, to me, I don't find becoming to the president of the country in which I live. And I can't ignore those behaviors.
    In most jobs, anyone behaving like I've seen him behave over the past many years would have validly lost his or her job years ago.
    I don't care what his policies are -- if he can't behave like a civil, polite, mature adult, then he does not deserve the job of president. If he wins, I hope he learns to "fake it til he makes it."

Yeah, I'm pissed and I don't care.

Even more off-topic -- I saw a bumper sticker today and shook my head - -
    "Pro Life
     Pro God
     Pro Gun
     Pro Trump"

I disagree with those all going together but I still can respect others' thoughts. Though many of these people who think this way (I live amongst many of them) will not accept my thoughts. And they refuse to even respect me as being a valid person since, through no choice of my own, I am attracted to males.

I still stay with my thoughts. And I still respect myself as a person.
    And I try to be respectful and caring to all people.
    Unlike dear Donald.

Now, back to that macaroni and cheese and tuna for me. I did make it last night. It was great. I love it. And I will always be grateful to you for that suggestion.  :)  

And, if anyone has read all of this, I ask for patience with my anger.

Be Well, All

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 7, 2024 6:57 AM MST
      March 4, 2024 7:27 PM MST

I only disagree with the macaroni and cheese and tuna. But the rest was well said.
      March 4, 2024 8:12 PM MST

:)
    :)

Thanks.
      March 5, 2024 1:56 AM MST

It is rigged every year....ballot harvesting, drop boxes, mail in voting....these all lead to fraud. And people are arrested regularly. (Both sides of the aisle)

The difference with me and others is if Biden claims fraud...I want it investigated and anything found fixed and the people responsible arrested and jailed.    

There a primary within the last month, where the computer could not count the ballots because the INTERNET was down....I thought they were not connected to the internet.   This needs investigated NOW, and fix it. (Easiest fix is to boot the computer out)

But Yes, I believe every election is rigged. There is cheating every year. And we need to find the cheats and arrest them. 

Yes, you are one of the few people who is respectful to others.  Both sides need more people like that. 
    I support Trump's policies....and there is rudeness that comes with that as well.  
      March 5, 2024 6:38 AM MST

Thanks for your reply. :)

I guess it all can come with humanity, as far as cheating.  We're all human. Nothing is perfect, including stuff we humans design.
      March 6, 2024 6:44 PM MST

His bleating about the "stolen election" might have been a little more believable (to anyone but his besotted worshippers) if he hadn't telegraphed it. He said four years previously that he'd challenge the validity of the election if he lost.
      March 7, 2024 7:00 AM MST

Yes, I remember him saying that, too. That's part of what got me to write my answer.
      March 8, 2024 1:27 PM MST

I guess now Trump will have to stop claiming that the American legal system is hopelessly corrupt, conflicted and rigged against him. Cheers!
      March 5, 2024 6:20 AM MST

Welcome back. 
    Only when they start charging others who have done the same or worst get charged as well. 

Biden stole classified docts as a Senator and VP and did not get charged because he would defend as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.” 
      March 5, 2024 6:43 AM MST

A win for Joe. The "Never Trumpers" would vote for anybody else. He can beat Trump, he's done it once already.
      March 7, 2024 6:56 AM MST