Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Will the price of fava beans skyrocket because of the cannibal migrants crossing the US border?

Will the price of fava beans skyrocket because of the cannibal migrants crossing the US border?

Trump recently compared the migrants crossing the US border to Hannibal the Cannibal. I’m pretty sure it was just more fearmongering like the pizzagate thing. But demand can drive up prices so if millions of migrant cannibals are crossing into the US they are going to want fava beans to go with their supper which could drive up the price of the beans. Cheers!

Posted - March 6

Responses

“They’re rough people, in many cases from jails, prisons, from mental institutions, insane asylums,” the former president and probable Republican presidential nominee claimed in an interview with Right Side Broadcasting Network on Monday. “You know, insane asylums, that’s Silence of the Lambs stuff.

Hannibal Lecter? Anybody know Hannibal Lecter?  We don’t want ’em in this country.”

March 6, 2024 8:53 AM MST

Some of them are bad and some of them are just looking for a better life.
    I noticed that you referred to Trump as the former president. If I recall after 2020 you still referred to Trump as president Trump. So what I’m thinking now is soon I will be driving around in a souped up Mustang because I will win the bet with another AM member about you changing your view about Donald J Trump. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at March 6, 2024 11:58 AM MST
      March 6, 2024 10:08 AM MST

He is President Trump, all former Presidents are and he will be back in the White House in Jan 2025. 

No one's Mustang is any danger. 
      March 7, 2024 6:03 AM MST

March 6, 2024 10:17 AM MST

Tell that to the NY officers beaten by the criminal aliens who were released and arrested for more crimes in AZ. And the NY officer just murdered by another. 
    Tell that to the family of Laken Riley after the criminal alien gang member murdered her. And the thousands of other grieving families of people murdered by criminal aliens.  

Tell me why 1 in 4-5 federal prisoners are criminal aliens.  

Of course, crime rates go down when DAs, like Bragg in NY, don't bother to procecute crimes. 
      March 7, 2024 6:16 AM MST

So, lying. thank you.  Federal prisons are 10% of the prison population. You, can have the last word. I don't have the energy to get in a other pointless debate where you once again misunderstand how to interpret facts.
      March 7, 2024 8:23 AM MST

State and local prisons/jails do not report the immigration status of their prisoners...so what we have to go by is the Federal stats.  Those are the facts we have.   Federal crimes are more serious crimes so logically since 20-27% of the Federal inmates are criminal aliens, we can see they are disproportionately committing more serious Federal offenses. 
      March 7, 2024 11:40 AM MST

Federal crimes like immigration offenses are more serious than state crimes like rape, murder, robbery and assault? 
      March 7, 2024 12:06 PM MST

Even if you assume thar only 40% of those sentenced to federal prison are for crimes not related to immigration.  That means 8-10% of the general federal prison population.  
    Criminal aliens are estimated to be 11M of the 331M population of USA=  3% 
    8-10% is still shows that criminal aliens are committing disproportionately higher rates of serious federal crimes (non immigration crimes). 
      March 8, 2024 6:05 AM MST

True to form, you miss the point once again.
      March 8, 2024 6:50 AM MST

No the crimes committed are the point....I am not the one missing it.
      March 8, 2024 6:59 AM MST

He's both.
      March 7, 2024 7:46 AM MST

In general, yes. But sometimes he knows the facts and deliberately distorts them. Stoking fear has always been a successful political ploy.
      March 7, 2024 8:25 AM MST

Perhaps, if we had a more educated voting population, someone like him would never get to be president (or dog catcher, for that matter).
      March 7, 2024 10:46 AM MST

There are powerful forces behind Trump, both foreign and domestic, who find him to be a useful idiot. But yes, a more savvy voting population who would make it much harder for him to be elected. This post was edited by Jane S at March 8, 2024 1:22 PM MST
      March 7, 2024 11:40 AM MST

Trump's mantra seems to be "America sucks". This is more of his fear-mongering. It worked for him in 2016 and he's too old to change.

I'm no fan of Joe. A career politician and a stuffed shirt, he was clearly losing it even before he was nominated in 2020. But King Log is always preferable to King Stork. Has the majority of the US electorate even heard of Æsop?

Those immigrants drink cerveza, tequila and Sangria, so the price of Chianti is not likely to be affected. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 7, 2024 8:27 AM MST
      March 7, 2024 7:46 AM MST