Active Now

Malizz
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are you joining the Tyson Foods boycott?

Are you joining the Tyson Foods boycott?

They just fired 1200 Americans.  And plan to hire thousands of illegals.  
Claiming Americans will not do the jobs. 

Posted - March 18

Responses

I don't buy any of their products and never have.  When I buy chicken, it's always Perdue.
      March 18, 2024 8:05 AM MDT

I did buy several of their products.  I will be looking for replacements. 
      March 18, 2024 8:20 AM MDT

Tyson foods is not letting workers go so they can hire 1200 illegals. They are closing the plant because of a weaker demand for meat and poultry.They are also encouraging the workers to apply for other jobs within the company.If they were actually letting the workers go because they weren't doing their job they would be saying – don’t bother to apply for other jobs in the company because you couldn’t do the one you had. Them planing on hiring thousands of illegals doesn't seem likely because they would be putting the company at risk of fines. Cheers!

March 18, 2024 8:45 AM MDT

They are firing Americans and plan to hire 2500+ people who are not in the USA legally....(illegals)..
    They plan to hire them in NY because NY plans to make it legal to work them.  

Just as NYC itself is also planning to work them.  

Tyson is firing Americans and hiring illegals. 
      March 18, 2024 8:56 AM MDT

Thank you. They are not hiring illegal immigrants, they are hiring people who applied for asylum in the US. 
      March 18, 2024 10:08 AM MDT

They are NOT Americans and they are NOT supposed to have a work permit at this point in their asylum process.   Tyson FIRED Americans and are hiring NON Americans who crossed into the border illegally. 
      March 18, 2024 11:12 AM MDT

So...Tyson publicly announced they are going to break the law and hire undocumented workers without work permits? Interesting move, even during the current labor shortage. Thanks for sharing your insight.
      March 18, 2024 11:58 AM MDT

They publicly announced they are going to hire Non Americans after the just announced they are firing American workers.   
      March 18, 2024 12:04 PM MDT

But you seemed to know for a fact that these are undocumented immigrants who are working and living here illegally. You also seemed to know that everyone who laid off is a US citizen,  even though the meat packing industry has always relied on immigrants to take jobs that Americans don't want. Someone is trying to get you all riled up and you took the bait. 
      March 18, 2024 1:46 PM MDT

Undocumented immigrants = illegal immigrants 

IF they do not have documents  they are here illegally....

If they hired illegals in the plants they shut down, then all the more reason to boycott them for hiring illegal workers. 
      March 18, 2024 4:44 PM MDT

I know what you consider an illegal alien. Explaining it to me does not change my responses. Just wondering if you saw the retraction of the original story - the one that set off this boycott. Tyson's commitment to hiring 2500 refugees over a 3 year period was  made in 2020, before they closed the Iowa plant. Tyson also has a long history of shutting down unprofitable plants in small towns. I am not defending that - I am pointing out the Iowa plant closure is not related to their participation in a plan to help refugees. 

https://scrippsnews.com/stories/tyson-foods-wants-to-hire-52-000-asylum-seekers-for-factory-jobs/
      March 18, 2024 5:53 PM MDT

They are still hiring asylum seekers who crossed the border illegally who were then transported to NY.  And they still shutting down the IA plant among others in other states.  Of course, they say it is unrelated. 

The CEO has said 42K of their 120K employees are "immigrants" and he would like to hire 42K more.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/tyson-foods-boycotted-as-it-sacks-1-300-staff-at-iowa-pork-plant-and-offers-job-and-lawyer-packages-in-bid-to-hire-42-000-asylum-seekers-in-new-york/ar-BB1jXZUr?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=70b3541284de443782e4c862c64e6fb7&ei=37

I have no more use for this company. 
      March 18, 2024 8:05 PM MDT

As I said, that story has been retracted.

https://scrippsnews.com/stories/tyson-foods-wants-to-hire-52-000-asylum-seekers-for-factory-jobs/
      March 18, 2024 10:11 PM MDT

Again, they are firing American workers.  1200 in one plant and there are 3 other plants also closing.   They are purposely hiring asylum seekers from NY over Americans.   

The retraction of the Scripps news article does not change those facts. They only retracted because of the number of illegals border crossers.the company wanted to hire.   

My question never mentioned the 42k or 52k number....it.mentioned the 1200 fired and 2500 hired from NY.   Scripps retraction does not change either of those facts.  
      March 19, 2024 3:56 AM MDT

Here is what is being reported now. The 2500 number was explained in several of my attempts to educate you. Here is the latest news  from yesterday on all the immigrants hired by Tyson recently.

March 19, 2024 7:16 AM MDT

I don't need educated about the 2500....that is the amount of illegals the plan to hire.  
    And are shutting down 4 plants....I do not see how them agreeing to hire these illegal border crossers and then deciding to shut down 4 plants makes the case for them any better.   
      March 19, 2024 5:08 PM MDT

Too bad she didn't share a link to some facts about this.
      March 18, 2024 12:09 PM MDT

It is all over the news pick your own link.   

There is no one claiming they did not shut down factories....and no one claiming they are not hirering people who crossed the border illegally. 
      March 18, 2024 2:49 PM MDT

You are reading it from some source so why do you find it so difficult to add the link?  
      March 18, 2024 4:58 PM MDT

I am reading and seeing it on multiple sources.  Of course the sources are right wing as the left wing is not covering it.  You can go to MSNBC and  search Tyson chicken and there are no story from this year...
    If I post a ring wing source, people just dismiss it. So I gave the basic story and let people find their own source. 

Yes. They shut down a plant in Iowa and other state but Iowa is newest.   And then they stated they are going to hire the asylum seekers in NY.    

I have a problem with that regardless of the amount paid or if they give the asylum seekers a work permit.  
      March 18, 2024 5:34 PM MDT

Here is a link to the program that Tyson is part of and which helps refugees. If you boycott Tyson, you should also consider boycotting FedEx,  Amazon,  Unilever and others who participate. Again, I will point out that Tyson closed multiple plants in various states, including yours, over the last few years. Laying off workers at some locations and hiring in others is a common practice for businesses with multiple locations. I experienced that myself during my 30+ year career with a multi-billion dollar corporation. 

https://www.tent.org/
      March 18, 2024 6:15 PM MDT

Here is the link to the retraction of the story.

March 18, 2024 6:19 PM MDT

Thank you.  This story was supposedly "all over the news" but the only place I saw it when I searched was on FOX.  
      March 19, 2024 8:36 AM MDT

Earlier I responded to you that the source was likely from X (Twitter), but my comment mysteriously deleted itself.
      March 19, 2024 10:19 AM MDT