Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Want to hear an example of how Trump will let his personal gains effect American policy if he gets elected?

Want to hear an example of how Trump will let his personal gains effect American policy if he gets elected?

Jeff Yass is a part a owner of Tic Tok and now the company that merged with Trump’s media company. A week or so ago Trump denounced legislation in Congress that could ban TikTok unless the social media outlet is sold from its China-based parent company. Guess we now know why Trump was against the legislation. Cheers!

Posted - March 26

Responses

He was against it for the same reason I oppose it
      It was not limited to just Tik Tok (I would support that).
    It is worded so that if a overzealous regulation  could be used to shut down media that disagrees with what the government narrative and claim they are being controlled by an outside country.   
      March 26, 2024 6:48 AM MDT

The legislation was because tic tok is tied to a company in China that is well know for trying to hack American secrets. Trump was banned from Facebook for breaking rules. If he is elected again his term will operate on revenge and his personal gain. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at March 26, 2024 10:55 AM MDT
      March 26, 2024 8:29 AM MDT

As he has said, the success of USA and our economy will be his revenge. 
      March 26, 2024 1:56 PM MDT

The economy is much better under Biden than it was under Trump. So why would Trump take revenge for that - sour grapes perhaps? Trump said he will have revenge on his enemy's and in Trump’s mind his enemy's are anyone that didn’t go along with his big lie and anyone doing their job in the legal system that don’t agree with him. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at March 26, 2024 3:36 PM MDT
      March 26, 2024 3:28 PM MDT

No, Trump said his revenge will be success.

Booming economy?  Cannot prove it by my business....sales were definitely better under Trump.   People had more disposable income then. I had the lowest gross sales in 9 years.  Not lowest net because we saw it was happening and made adjustments to our budget.

He has to get the inflation under control before he gets any economy bragging rights. This post was edited by my2cents at March 26, 2024 4:30 PM MDT
      March 26, 2024 4:14 PM MDT

That's part of it.  Trump, true to form, is only looking out for himself.  He also thinks TikTok will be useful in spreading his propaganda to a younger demographic. Plus, he doesn't want to do anything to eliminate competition for Facebook or support any legislation that Biden supports. This is a complete reversal of his position when he was in office.
      March 26, 2024 7:33 AM MDT

Trump does not have an account on Tik Tok but Biden does.  

Not a complete reversal, he would support a ban specifically on Tik Tok but this is not that specific and there is worry it could be twisted to censor other sites and applications that disagree with the government narratives. 
      March 26, 2024 2:04 PM MDT