Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think of Trump's new side hustle as a bible salesman? (Prompted by a recent question from Nanoose)

What do you think of Trump's new side hustle as a bible salesman? (Prompted by a recent question from Nanoose)

Posted - March 27

Responses

The man has absolutely no shame.  Next up, two styles of low-top sneakers for $199 a pair and they're working on snake oil beauty products in various shades (orange will be a featured shade) and scents. This post was edited by Spunky at March 28, 2024 8:36 AM MDT
      March 27, 2024 11:00 AM MDT

I wish I would have got a pair of those shoes that cost $400 (the gold high tops) and are worth several grand now. 
      March 27, 2024 6:12 PM MDT

It shows what a godly man he is. :) I heard that that it includes the Constitution, so Trump can disrespect that at the same time. It's also obvious that he is not looking for votes from those who are Jewish, Muslim, or belong to other non-Christian religions or are agnostics or atheists, (he wants to return Christianity to the US). In fact, I think the only people who would fall for this are those who are Christian in name only. 
      March 27, 2024 11:28 AM MDT

I think his promotion video shows what Trump knows about Christianity. One of the things it say’s is “Let’s Make America Pray Again”. You can’t make people pray (unless you put a gun to their head) but generally how it works is people chose to pray or not to pray. Plus Americans were praying long before Trump’s bible. The site that sells his bible say’s that it is the only Bible endorsed by Trump. - I think that's kind of telling too. Cheers!

March 27, 2024 3:18 PM MDT

Well, ever since Trump got into politics, a lot of people are praying harder than ever. Just not praying for what Trump wants them to pray for. So, I guess he is making America pray again.
      March 27, 2024 7:22 PM MDT

Why is this news again? This Bible has been available for years.  It is not Trump's Bible nor Lee Greenwood's but it is endorsed by both of them. 

https://godblesstheusabible.com
      March 27, 2024 6:10 PM MDT

It's news because Trump made it news. It was a scam then and it's a scam now.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/a-total-scam-trumps-endorsed-bible-has-a-history-of-negative-reviews This post was edited by Jane S at March 28, 2024 8:48 AM MDT
      March 27, 2024 7:19 PM MDT

1. It is not owned/managed/operated by Trump or any Trump business.

2. It is not a scam. It is a Bible for sale. It is a KJV that also has the chorus from "God Bless the USA", a copy of the Constitution,  Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence in it. 

If you order it, they will ship it to you. That is not a scam....that is a product for sale. 
      March 28, 2024 5:56 PM MDT

Trump receives a royalty for his endorsement, same as the sneakers,buildings, steaks, mattresses, etc. that he put his name on.

If you charge $60  for a poor quality book, and don't offer refunds, I say it's a scam. 

But then, that's the free marketplace.
      March 28, 2024 6:55 PM MDT

Nothing wrong with getting paid for using your advertising...happens all the time.

I don't know that it is a poor quality book.  I have not seen one. Images on the site look nice. 

Many businesses do not offer refunds....most small businesses have this policy.  The site they would replace any damaged Bibles.
      March 29, 2024 5:18 AM MDT

If a business will only replace items damaged in delivery (which the carrier is responsible for) and otherwise says all sales are final, that is a no refund policy. So if your bible is of poor quality you are S.O.L. No sensible person would buy a product sight unseen, if the company does not stand behind it.

This post was edited by Jane S at March 29, 2024 12:30 PM MDT
      March 29, 2024 12:22 PM MDT

People order things all the time online without seeing them.  They have images of the Bible on the site. Personally, I think there should be an image of the random open page to view the format and font. But that is just my opinion, but not having it does not make it a scam or a bad product. 
    Again, most small businesses do not offer refunds. It is perfectly legal as long as it is posted clearly.
      March 29, 2024 2:11 PM MDT

I’m starting to think that Trump’s new bible might be a blessing in disguise. Trump’s bible includes the US Constitution and maybe the MAGAs will read it. And when they come to the part about no one being above the law - they will see the light and know that it includes Trump. Of coarse I just smoked a big fattie so I could be wrong. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at April 20, 2024 11:46 PM MDT
      March 28, 2024 8:15 AM MDT

Not new. And not Trump's.  
      March 28, 2024 5:56 PM MDT

Trump seems to think it is his bible. On Truth social he said – HAPPY HOLY DAY. Then he talked about how he is being persecuted like Jesus.Then he started encouraging people to buy his bible. Cheers! 

This post was edited by Nanoose at March 29, 2024 7:44 AM MDT
      March 29, 2024 7:34 AM MDT

He has been persecuted....not like Jesus. 

If Trump owns one....then it is his Bible.
    And it is the Bible he has endorsed....he gets a royalty for each sale. A good employee/salesperson takes "ownership" of their products/departments.  

I have many times referred to something as mine or buying something from me....when I was actually just working for someone else as an hourly employee.  
      March 29, 2024 8:10 AM MDT

Give me one illegal, immoral or just-plain-wrong thing that Trump might do for which you would not have an excuse that it wasn't his fault.
      March 29, 2024 9:32 AM MDT

Nothing wrong, illegal or immoral about endorsing a Bible and being paid for it. 
      March 29, 2024 1:33 PM MDT

That was not my question, but feel free to sidestep it.
      March 30, 2024 7:56 AM MDT

I have never defended his affairs.  I have in fact referred to those actions as sleazy. 
      April 20, 2024 4:01 PM MDT

Yet you would have no trouble having this country led by a sleaze bag.  Not surprising.
      April 20, 2024 5:48 PM MDT

His policies are what matters.....and I support those.  That he had affairs is between himself and his wives. 
    If we have to wait for a politician who is perfect, we gonna be waiting for a long time. 
      April 21, 2024 6:44 AM MDT

One one expects perfection.  Trump's policies benefit the wealthy - the folks who need it the least.  
      April 21, 2024 8:37 AM MDT

I am not wealthy.  Trump's policies were definitely better for me and mine business.   And most people I know preferred the $2 gas, lower food prices and much lower rent.  Those things do not bother the wealthy....those effect the poor and middle class. And it is Biden administration's policies hurting people. 
      April 22, 2024 7:00 AM MDT