Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Hate crimes against minorities have increased since Trump was elected. He was talking to THEM when he said STOP IT. Will they?

Hate crimes against minorities have increased since Trump was elected. He was talking to THEM when he said STOP IT. Will they?

Posted - November 15, 2016

Responses

Hi Rosie:

Which specific incidents are you talking about?
      November 15, 2016 2:19 AM MST

Kindly Google "Hate crime increases after Trump election" and you will see a plethora of things about which you can read SB. You don't have to take my word for it.
      November 15, 2016 2:47 AM MST

@Stu, are you living under a rock? Reports are coming in from all parts of the country. 
      November 15, 2016 8:46 AM MST

Perhaps it's because I'm in NYC, where everyone manages to co-exist in relative peace.
      November 15, 2016 9:04 AM MST

@Stu, I got claustrophobia when I visited New York City, coming from the open spaces in West Texas. Yet, I loved the city. I also watched the NYC protest match filmed by Michael Moore, for Facebook. New Yorkers are so organized. I have to admire how they move in the streets while protesting. The cops are also nice. They are also used to masses of people. 
      November 15, 2016 9:10 AM MST

I thought you lived in Houston, which is a pretty big city.
      November 15, 2016 9:47 PM MST

A lot of people seem to be hating Donald Trump...
      November 15, 2016 7:48 AM MST

When the shoe is on the other Trump foot, it kind of pinches, eh Donnie?
      November 15, 2016 7:59 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

As we know, he has NO filter, and says whatever happens to be on his mind.  That, combined with NOT knowing that his words have consequences, is a VERY DANGEROUS situation for America..

Plus, by his appointment of white supremacist Steve Bannon as his chief strategist, you KNOW he was WINKING when he said "stop".. 

excon
    This post was edited by excon at November 15, 2016 9:10 AM MST
      November 15, 2016 8:01 AM MST

Link???
      November 15, 2016 8:05 AM MST

Hello my:

60 Minutes.

excon
      November 15, 2016 8:10 AM MST

How about something with real stats....you know numbers.  Not just reporter spouting off. 
      November 15, 2016 3:01 PM MST

Hello again, my:

What Rosie told Stu.

excon
      November 16, 2016 7:13 AM MST

Again real stats.....
      November 16, 2016 7:16 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Stats, schmats...  I'm gonna go with my gut here.. 

Trump doesn't like certain segments of society. That's NOT news. Before now, it wasn't politically correct to HATE them.  Since Trump, it is..  Given that Americans now have PERMISSION from their leader to HATE, it doesn't surprise me that some of his supports ACT on it..  It shouldn't surprise you either...

excon This post was edited by excon at November 18, 2016 10:48 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 7:23 AM MST

Go with whatever you want. I like stats... numbers don't lie.
      November 16, 2016 9:00 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Then google is your friend.

excon

PS>  (edited)  Look..  People are angry.  There's violence..  I'm NOT saying it's all one side.  I'm saying there's anger and fear.  Given that Trump STOKED it, I'm not surprised it's happening..  You shouldn't be either..

I'm NOT one of the people Trump is going to act AGAINST..  But, IF I was, I wouldn't lay down for him.  I'm a BELIEVER in civil disobedience.. I KNOW how the government IS..

Here's my story...  In 1968 there was an anti Vietnam war march happening..  As a VETERAN of that war, and a STAUNCH supporter of it, I went to the march, IN my uniform to heckle the marchers... 

It was a PEACEFUL march. Until the cops attacked, and they attacked EVERYBODY, including ME, IN my uniform STANDING on the sidelines.  And, they beat me senseless with their nightsticks..

So, I'm NOT buying stories about WHO attacked WHO, and I don't even care so much..  The LARGER point, is that it's VERY ugly out there, and it's gonna get WORSE before it gets better. 

excon
    This post was edited by excon at November 18, 2016 10:48 AM MST
      November 16, 2016 9:21 AM MST

The newest stats are from 2015. And the FBI says records are not kept properly.
      November 16, 2016 9:36 AM MST

• White people are being attacked by Hillary supports just because of their skin color as well.  Why isn't anyone on here saying they need to stop? It seems like everyone is attacking everyone these days. 
      November 15, 2016 8:28 AM MST

@Karen, the New York Times published an article called "Attacks On Muslim Americans Fuel Increase In the Hate Crimes, the FBI Says". Published Nov. 14, 2016, written by Eric Lichtblau. 

"It's these attacks that are driving an overall increase in hate crimes against all groups." (So it is not only about minorities.)

Read this interesting article with its data. Yes, the violence is being fueled by divisions in the election.

Dividing the masses is what politicians do as part of the propaganda to win the election.
      November 15, 2016 9:04 AM MST

• I understand all of that.  I KNOW Hate crimes are up.  What I said is why aren't the hate crimes against whites being reported as energetically as all the others? It's like the media seems to think it's perfectly fine for whites to get attacked.  It's not fine for ANYONE to get attacked.  I'm sickened by all of this. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 18, 2016 1:12 PM MST
      November 15, 2016 9:13 AM MST

Because the way they wrote the hate crimes bill....it does not apply to white victims.

AG Holder: "....Groups who have been targeted for violence as a result of the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, that is what this statute tends -- is designed to cover. We don't have the indication that the attack was motivated by a person's desire to strike at somebody who was in one of these protected groups...."
      November 15, 2016 2:57 PM MST

Hate crimes have increased and being perpetrated by BOTH Trump supporters AND the Clinton/Liberal Left. Sadly, there are some claims being made that are fabricated. And I wonder how many of the swastika's were actually painted by Trump supporters and not paid Soros thugs. I personally feel a lot of this is because the 'snowflakes' and 'must have a trophy' crowd can't handle not winning. That is the fault of the liberal left's PC crowd!
      November 15, 2016 9:28 AM MST

Talk about hate. What are the Dem's doing painting " Kill Trump" on walls and rioting in the streets?
    Seems hate against whites is ok in the Dem world.

Black lives matter only when a white person kills a black. Not when blacks kill blacks. Kansas City Mo just had it's 107 homicide this year and 90% are black killing black.

Craig's List adds for paid rioters.

Dem's are the most hating group in America. Anyone who does not fit one of their groups is demonized and attacked.
    Supposed to be the party of inclusion but puts everyone in segregated groups. Not treat them as one group "equals".
      November 15, 2016 9:39 AM MST