Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are us USA citizens so patriotic whereas other countries are more casual and understanding that their countries have issues?

Why are us USA citizens so patriotic whereas other countries are more casual and understanding that their countries have issues?

What i'm trying to ask why do we prance around and pretend that we are the perfect country and the example of how the world should be?

Posted - July 4, 2016

Responses

July 5, 2016 11:44 AM MDT

• I am an American and don't prance around thinking the US is better than anyone else.  I don't know anyone who does that.  I think that comes from people from other countries who believe what they see on TV and in the movies.  The average American is caring and thoughtful and really has more in their own lives to worry about than to be judging other people or countries.

July 5, 2016 11:54 AM MDT

July 5, 2016 1:04 PM MDT

• I know right?

July 6, 2016 8:22 PM MDT

• Are you not patriotic My dear Hart?

July 6, 2016 8:23 PM MDT

Who is "we," I don't. In my opinion, our govt. is one of the worst perpetrators of injustice the world over. I'm also of the opinion that our country was founded upon the single greatest bastardization of "freedom" the world has ever seen.

So like I said, who's we? lol

July 6, 2016 8:36 PM MDT