Active Now

Echooos
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » We've gotten a whole bunch of new peeps from Blurtit over the last day or so. Care to say hello to them?

We've gotten a whole bunch of new peeps from Blurtit over the last day or so. Care to say hello to them?

Posted - December 1, 2016

Responses

•    Oh, really? Hello, Blurtit folk. It's not as fast-paced here, but I hope you'll like it. It's less foolish, so that's good.................or, could be a bad thing. Depends on you!  Howdy.
      December 1, 2016 6:53 PM MST

• I'm one of the new peeps from blurtit :p thanks for the welcome:)  ... This is my first answer here ... So this is a test ... It's only a test ... If it was a real answer ... I forget the rest of that warning :/  

December 1, 2016 7:03 PM MST

• It takes a while, I found when I first came, to get to know the different characters here.
    I do it by watching the kinds of questions and answers they post. It gives me only the vaguest sense but after a while, I recognise the ones with which I feel most affinity. Very few people are fully open about themselves here so one has to discover who they are via friending and messaging. A few are not the same behind the scenes as what they seem up front. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 2, 2016 2:06 AM MST
      December 1, 2016 8:36 PM MST

• any one who knows me from previous site  knows I'm an open book :p I come on sites like this to have fun and sometimes vent in ways I can't in my offline life :) ..... Sometimes late at night I have meltdowns but " we" just pretend that never happened the next day  :) on the last site I was on anyway :) thanks for the info hart fire ... I'll pay mind to that :)
      December 1, 2016 8:41 PM MST

Note: This is meant in jest.
      December 1, 2016 7:17 PM MST

Oh my that is funny, but you should be careful and be nice.
      December 1, 2016 7:19 PM MST

• I'm always nice :) cos I'm made of sugar and spice .... And I never lie  ????lol :) I'm Canadian so no worries .. we're polite eh ;) 
      December 1, 2016 7:26 PM MST

December 1, 2016 7:28 PM MST

• Oh ... Thankyou or whatever :/ if I knew how to posta pic back I would ... I'll Suss it ... Cos I said so ! ;)
      December 1, 2016 7:22 PM MST

Welcome to AnswerMug.  We hope you like it well enough to stay.  :)
      December 1, 2016 7:47 PM MST

• Thanks for the welcome. I've just arrived and haven't figured it out yet. It's good to be here.
      December 1, 2016 7:48 PM MST

• Welcome, Didge.
      December 1, 2016 7:50 PM MST

• Thanks, Jimmy. Great name! :)
      December 1, 2016 7:55 PM MST

•    You're welcome. Aw, thanks. 'Tis a mouthful, though.
      December 1, 2016 8:30 PM MST

Welcome Blurters.  Make yourselves at home.  Be sure to pay your monthly fee by the 5th of each month.  

(kidding)
      December 1, 2016 8:00 PM MST

• That's OK. If I can't say it I can always sing it. :)
      December 1, 2016 8:34 PM MST

• I can stand a serenade. :)
      December 1, 2016 9:37 PM MST

• Welcome, and we look forward to getting to know you through your questions and answers.
    I hope you enjoy it and find it as addictive as I do.
    If the questions sometimes don't appeal to you, consider asking the ones you might like to answer.

What happened on Blurtit?
    Why the refugees?
    Would some ex-Blurtits share what is was like? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 2, 2016 9:03 AM MST
      December 1, 2016 8:39 PM MST

• Hi Hartfire. Great name and love the hat. Blurtit has been (and temporarily remains) a very happy, Q&A site. Lots of nice people, lots of good discussions, but a new administration is making changes that make most of us uncomfortable. One man has held it all together for the past couple of years but even he had enough and pulled out. He's one of the Blurtugees and signed up here today. I hope we all manage to fit in without ruffling too many feathers. :)
      December 1, 2016 9:47 PM MST

• I'm an Aussie with much too pale skin so I'm almost always in some kind of hat if I'm outdoors.
    The moniker "hartfire" comes from the term "heartfire" in Orson Scott Card's book, "The Seventh Son." It's a bit of fantasy fiction (not my current interest) which explores the possibilities of how lives might have been lived in the C17th Appellation Mountains if the superstitions of the Dutch immigrants had been real. One character, a "torch," is able to see into the "heartfires" of others: see their life force, emotions, fears, loves and intentions. He uses the various superstitions to examine the tensions, struggles and ethical issues in small settler communities. Card was brought up as Mormon, so I guess he draws on personal experiences in depiciting his characters and the rather gossipy and very realistic ways they speak and act.
    I think "heartfire" refers in a neutral way to anyone - almost like saying soul or spirit but without a sense of anything immortal, no religious connotation.

What does "Didge" mean? Any chance it might be short for didgeridoo? Is that your face in your avatar? one side with a halo?
      December 1, 2016 10:35 PM MST

• I read the Alvin the Maker series back in the early 90s. Wouldn't mind reading them again. Good stuff. And, yeah, that's my face. I have a schizophrenic avatar and I'm never sure which side is going to come to the fore.

I wrote a novel a couple of years ago in which some of the Norse gods migrated to Australia and tried to muscle their way in. Of course they ran into some opposition and one of their opponents was a Koori named Johnno who had a magic didgeridoo. That's where the name came from.

I'm on the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. Where are you?
      December 1, 2016 11:08 PM MST

• - ..."And this  one  time  ,,, at  blur camp  .... " 

none   of that  .    k?

lol.  welcome . ;-D
      December 1, 2016 8:58 PM MST

No really sure yet what to do!  So any help will be welcomed.
      December 1, 2016 9:08 PM MST

• Hi Tiger. Nice to see you. It'll all become clear over the first few days. Takes a little time to put it together. I'm struggling, too.  :)
      December 1, 2016 9:48 PM MST