Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » EU referendum day in the UK now. Which side are you on and why?

EU referendum day in the UK now. Which side are you on and why?

Polls suggest we will remain but there is a good chance of a brexit.

Posted - June 22, 2016

Responses

I don't think leave are strong enough to keep pushing for referendums. The rogue Tories will shut up quickly and UKIP are a joke so they wouldn't have enough strength to keep going like the SNP look to do.
      June 23, 2016 5:52 AM MDT

• FEAR will win out!!!

Just like the Scots went, so will you!!

Watch,  

June 23, 2016 8:35 AM MDT

• I'm on the other side of the Pond.   

June 23, 2016 8:36 AM MDT

Not if Blackpool wants independence and becomes its own country. You would need to get a visa to visit Blackpool.  Can you imagine that, Andy? The Blackpool Referendum. The Republic of Blackpool. They'll build a big wall around the train station, and put a sniper at the top of the tower. lol 

June 23, 2016 7:01 PM MDT
  • Bez

I don't think towns have independence, righty. Lol:)

June 23, 2016 7:10 PM MDT
  • Bez

June 23, 2016 7:11 PM MDT

June 23, 2016 7:48 PM MDT

Well, we all know the result now, and my side didn't win, so I just hope that things don't turn out as godawful as I fear. One reason I wanted to stay in is because the EU protects (it still will, for a while) our rights, something I don't believe is safe in the hands of either Cameron or Corbyn. Scottishguy, I was thinking when I read what you posted yesterday that I didn't have the impression that people were less engaged than in the Scottish referendum, as you reckoned, and the high turn-out bears that out. The guys in your country voted the way I did, so I would like to thank them all; pity we lost! I take heart from the fact that so many people turned up to vote on such an important issue. Whereas most of the public are apathetic in elections, and I don't blame them, a good number turned up for this referendum, so thanks to everyone who participated, whichever way you voted!
      June 24, 2016 4:18 AM MDT

YES2 GAME ON
      June 24, 2016 4:33 AM MDT