Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » How many members have we lost today to the political questions overswaming the question board?

How many members have we lost today to the political questions overswaming the question board?

Category: Rant

Just witnessed one disappearing seconds ago. Those arguing them will likely say "so what, yada yada..." Guess what? It's not so what! This is the environment we represent to new members:

1. feel welcome
2. get tired by all these political question
3. finally, the snap - "lose your head once, and we will go for your throat!"

I cannot say this too much. We need a more healthy environment. We will only get this if we have a more varied question board. Members who have tried to enlighten the content, and who came here with fresh blood have been forced off again with what we have to offer to them. It's a losing game... We cannot compete with the persistence of the political posters. There need to be a change, either in the interface where we can filter the question board (most, recent, views, replies etc.) or by a changed understanding of all members and an understanding of needs to move the questions into the debate room to enable the chances of getting the question board running with more varied questions. It is not about censoring, but about choice of forum.

End of rant. To the one who just deleted, you will be missed. We did not agree about what you wrote but you did contribute with lots of positive things during your short stay. I will better hold here before I say anything else.

Bonus question: how many of those from Blurtit do we have left now?

Posted - December 14, 2016

Responses

That will always be a two-way thing, at least with what I have seen from you this far. 
      December 14, 2016 11:24 PM MST

This may help....

http://answermug.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/371/topic_id/2202/tab/70890
      December 14, 2016 7:20 PM MST