Karen
DaydreambelieverTrumpDisbeliever
SapphicHeart
ProblemCh1ld
thundercatmartin
Lulu'sMom
Andy B
Wisdom Tooth
CLURT
Austrans
Michel H
Merlin
Ancient One
Ozgirl 256
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Have you had deaths of loved ones recently?

Have you had deaths of loved ones recently?

Such sadness. Carrie Fisher, then her mom, Debbie Reynolds. We had a death of two family members. One about 2 weeks ago, one last week, and a friend of the family, yesterday. I wondered if you all were having the same thing. 

• 1689
    My best friends mom died the day after Christmas. I am giving her eulogy tomorrow. The woman was like a second mom to me. 
      December 29, 2016 7:28 AM MST
    2

• 2568
    Wow! 
    That's something. Sorry about that, K.

December 29, 2016 7:32 AM MST
    1

• 1689
    Thank you. I'm going to try to get through this without melting down. Her daughter has been my best friend since 1973, she asked me to do this, so I'm gonna do it. I'm not looking forward to it but I feel honored both at the same time. 
      December 29, 2016 7:36 AM MST
    0

• 2568
    Im sure you're going to do great, Karen. 
    And I agree with you, it is an honor.
      December 29, 2016 8:16 AM MST
    0

• 753
    My condolences Karen. 
      December 29, 2016 8:00 AM MST
    1

• 1689
    Thank you. It's a sad time right now.
      December 29, 2016 8:03 AM MST
    0

• 753
    Understandable.  I really don't enjoy this I me of year. Both of my parents hae been gone since the 70s and I still miss them terribly. 
      December 29, 2016 8:09 AM MST
    2

• 753
    This is the first year in quite a few that I did NOT lose any loved one.  Last year I lost a great-nephew to cancer right before Thanksgiving. 
      December 29, 2016 7:59 AM MST
    0

• 534
    Sorry to hear of deaths of family and friends. It's always sad. We lost three family members in the last two months. Death will not always be and there will be a resurrection 

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/why-do-people-die/

Why Do People Die?

The Bible’s answer

It’s natural to wonder why people die, especially when we lose someone close to us. The Bible says: “The sting producing death is sin.”—1 Corinthians 15:56.

Why do all people sin and die?

The first humans, Adam and Eve, lost their lives because they sinned against God. (Genesis 3:17-19) Death was the only possible outcome of their rebellion against God, for with him is “the source of life.”—Psalm 36:9; Genesis 2:17.

Adam passed on the defect of sin to all his descendants. The Bible says: “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) All people die because they all sin.—Romans 3:23.

How death will be eliminated

God promises a time when “he will actually swallow up death forever.” (Isaiah 25:8) To remove death, he must eliminate its root cause, which is sin. God will do this through Jesus Christ, who “takes away the sin of the world.”—John 1:29; 1 John 1:7.

Learn More

Adam

Where Are the Dead?

Learn what the Bible says about where the dead are and why humans die.

December 31, 2016 6:30 AM MST
    0