Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What is the "good news"? In fact it is the best news ever for all mankind!

What is the "good news"? In fact it is the best news ever for all mankind!

It is, that no matter what you have done... (murdered, stolen, lied, and hated) you will be completely forgiven by God and go to heaven if you repent, and have faith in Jesus (that he was born by a virgin, is Gods Son, died for humanities sins, rose from the dead) Not only is there hope for us in the next life but help for today. He answers our prayers if we put him first, and love him, and all people. He gives us a new heart. It is the only hope for humanity. God wants us to love him, because he loves us. The world was cursed after Adam and Eve but he is still in charge and will keep you safe if you love him. And he is coming back very soon to judge the living and the dead! And right now the gospel is going out to the whole world like never before (which is the last prophesy before Jesus comes back.)

Posted - June 24, 2016

Responses

Ok sorry to upset you! I did not mean to upset you. I care and that is why I post and witness what God has done for me.

June 25, 2016 8:57 AM MDT

Maybe there will be dogs in heaven:)

June 25, 2016 8:58 AM MDT

Jesus is God's son who loves us enough to take all our sins on his own shoulders and He says himself that it is good news for us because he wants us to be reconciled to God because he loves us. Jesus was tortured yes, but I don't think he considers me disrespectful to witness what he has done in my life. He said to the apostles to go into all the world and witness and then the end will come, and then he will come back to judge the living and the dead. You call me disrespectful for witnessing? I don't think you understand that this is what God has put on my shoulders to do because I love God and I would like people to know this good news, terrorists, and others too. I love all people:).

June 25, 2016 9:38 AM MDT

Mankind is one word, not two.
    -
      June 25, 2016 10:13 AM MDT

June 25, 2016 6:04 PM MDT

• The idea of repentance doesn't really make sense to me because if they couldn't change in their real life, what makes me think that all of a sudden they are in an afterlife so they changed? A lot of the things you do reflect what you value. Technically the only reason for someone repenting is to save themselves but it seems to me rather vain concept then if that would be their reasoning.

June 25, 2016 6:50 PM MDT

you just said it

June 25, 2016 7:50 PM MDT

June 26, 2016 12:45 AM MDT

Well then I hope there aren't any for your sake ha, ha.

June 26, 2016 12:58 AM MDT

OK

June 26, 2016 1:07 AM MDT

June 26, 2016 1:07 AM MDT

The "good news" of the kingdom mentioned by Jesus Christ in matthew 24:14 would be part of the composite sign of the end of this system of things. It is the one positive aspect of the last days that would otherwise be marked by countless human tragedies. (revelation 6:2-8) the good news is the pronouncement of the arrival of Almighty God's heavenly kingdom to take reigns of earthly matters that have completely spiraled out of control. This kingdom will restore permanent peaceful conditions on earth forever. (Daniel 2:44) the mesiamic kingdom will restore obedient mankind to conditions that existed in the garden of eden. The good news of the kingdom of God gives reason to believe that when it establishes itself on earth in an instant the existing problems will vanish, to never have to suffer again! (Titus 1:2)

June 26, 2016 9:05 AM MDT

He's been coming back soon for 2,000 years now. He said he'd come back within the lifetime of his apostles. It's why the church invented the myth of "the wandering Jew" who wouldn't die until the rapture.

How can you be serious about a religion that started in a god-forsaken part of the world at a time when people thought all illness was down to supernatural reasons?

It's really sad listening to xtians sharing the "good news of military victory" which is what gospel actually means and was instigated by the Romans to subjugate Palestine.
      June 26, 2016 10:08 AM MDT

• For 2,000 years now and how there's a new apocalypse every 4 years lol ^_^ 

June 26, 2016 2:46 PM MDT

Those standing there saw it in a vision. Just read a few verses more.

(Matthew 16:28-17:9) Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here who will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his Kingdom.”
    17 Six days later Jesus took Peter and James and his brother John along and led them up into a lofty mountain by themselves. 2 And he was transfigured before them; his face shone as the sun, and his outer garments became brilliant as the light. 3 And look! there appeared to them Moses and E·liʹjah conversing with him. 4 Then Peter said to Jesus: “Lord, it is fine for us to be here. If you wish, I will erect three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for E·liʹjah.” 5 While he was still speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and look! a voice out of the cloud said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.” 6 At hearing this, the disciples fell facedown and became very much afraid. 7 Then Jesus came near, and touching them, he said: “Get up. Have no fear.” 8 When they looked up, they saw no one but Jesus himself. 9 As they were descending from the mountain, Jesus commanded them: “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of man is raised up from the dead.”

Where do you get that gospel really means: "good news of military victory"?

June 26, 2016 3:05 PM MDT

June 27, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

Delete

Hello Carazaa. I am pretty sure you already have the answer you want but...

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2001240?q=what+is+the+good+news&...

The Kingdom Good NewsWhat Is It?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005138?q=what+is+god%27s+kin...

What Is God’s Kingdom?

June 27, 2016 6:08 AM MDT

Perhaps we aren't supposed to have dogs now? It don't say anything about Garfield or Fluffy so I think cats are safe?

(James 1:27) The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

June 27, 2016 7:36 AM MDT