Active Now

Danilo_G
Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Are you anti or pro food stamps? Why?

Are you anti or pro food stamps? Why?

Posted - December 29, 2016

Responses

Thank you for your reply JA and Happy Friday! :)
      December 30, 2016 6:44 AM MST

I think food stamps is a necessary program. I think those who are able to work should be required to work if they are not able to find a job they should have to do volunteer work until they can find a job. 
    Yhere are also programs that provides money for other every day necessities such as dish soap, hygiene products, (shampoo, deodorant etc) again programs such as this should have a work requirement. 
      December 30, 2016 6:53 AM MST

@m2c -- Thank you for advocating the government should be the employer of last resort. We'll turn you into a good STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHL yet...;-D... This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at December 30, 2016 8:14 AM MST
      December 30, 2016 8:13 AM MST

I did not say work for the government or volunteer for the government. There are plenty of places that need volunteers.
      December 30, 2016 10:25 AM MST

@m2c -- Sorry, my mistake. I should have realized, as a good little RAWF,  you would favor a system of government-imposed slave labor. Oh well, I let hope get in the way of rational expectation...;-D...
      December 30, 2016 10:37 AM MST

Nope it is called getting a job. I know plenty of people who received/receive food stamps... they all work. I have received food stamps in the past and have always had a job. 
      December 30, 2016 11:39 AM MST

@m2c -- Let's settle upon some definitiions.

A job is something you do to trade your labor for money.

"Volunteering" is NOT a job.

If "Volunteering" is compulsory, it is SLAVE LABOR.

But, of course, being a good little RAWF you MUST conceive of unemployment as a failure of moral character, not as a function of macroeconomics (i.e. people are unemployed because there is NO DEMAND for their labor). Hence, your belief benefit recipients should be PUNISHED with slavery cumpulsory volunteering...;-D...
      December 30, 2016 12:14 PM MST

I simply believe you should not be allowed to sit on you butt all-day and do nothing and receive benefits....if you are able to work. Or be attending school so you can better yourself later.  This is something Libruhls like Bill Clinton used to believe as well. It breeds self-respect to support yourself. I know many who came out of welfare because of the work requirement. They went to school and make excellent money now.. more than I make in fact. Thanks to the "stoopid ebil LIBRUHL" Pres Bill Clinton signing the welfare work requirement back in the 1990s.
      December 30, 2016 1:15 PM MST

Re: "I simply believe you should not be allowed to sit on you butt all-day and do nothing and receive benefits."

Why not? No, seriously. Why not?

If the car that used to take 60 man-hours to build now only takes 15 man-hours to build, why should those who supplied the no-longer-needed 45 man-hours of labor have to "get a job"?

OK, so we acknowledge that doing SOMETHING productive is better for people's self-regard. In that case, does it make sense to take RANDOM people whose labor is made obscelesent and have them assigned RANDOMLY to various make-work tasks in order to satisfy their "work requirement" for benefits? Or does make more sense to have the government hire/train people to do specific tasks and PAY them to do those tasks?

In any other occupational setting, the second option would be the obvious choice (imagine if Boeing tried to build airplanes with a random bunch of employees who happened to show up). But because THE BAD PEOPLE MUST SUFFER for their poverty/wickedness, many people become completely stupid when it comes to thinking about social welfare benefits.

Meanwhile, if you think Bill Clinton (whose main accomplishments were GATT, NAFTA, telecommunications deregulation, financial industry deregulation, and "ending welfare as we know it") was a "liberal", it shows just how far the axis of our political discussions has shifted rightward since the 1970s.
      December 30, 2016 2:14 PM MST

Nope I said going back to school to better yourself satisfies the work requirement. A business does not have a hire a random worker just because they showed up....
    Just because your job ended does not mean you get to sit on your butt and do nothing....(you can but it should not be on the tax payers expense) If some one wants to do nothing that is fine it is their choice but why should tax money pay for it?
     If Clinton was not a Left leaning Democrat (Liberal) what was he? 

December 30, 2016 3:10 PM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c. I echo what Old School said. Don't get mad sweetie. That is a huge compliment! :)
      December 30, 2016 10:30 AM MST

Calling me a LIBRUHL....is never a compliment. Lol
      December 30, 2016 12:49 PM MST

Oh c'mon honey! I'm one and you don't hate everything about me do you? Well the parts you like could be yours too and probably are. Just think about it. It isn't so bad is it? Happy New Year's Eve Saturday to you and yours m2c! :) (9hugs))
      December 31, 2016 4:55 AM MST

I like you Rosie. Happy New Year to you as well. 
      December 31, 2016 8:27 PM MST

Thank you m2c and Happy New Year's Day Sunday 2017 to you and yours! Here's hoping this year will be a better year for EVERYONE! :)
      January 1, 2017 6:46 AM MST

what program is that that provides money? i cant find work and i get food stamps and medicaid but no cash. Ive had to resort to going back to school just so i can live on financial aid cause of noone wanting to hire me
      January 2, 2017 4:44 PM MST

There is TANF and others I believe.
    You can google "cash assistance" and your state (I don't know where you live)

Here is a link that may help. 

http://www.welfareinfo.org/payments/
      January 2, 2017 7:11 PM MST

• Pro, but I think it should be managed better and be based on the cheapest raw commodities and surplus food stuffs to meet proper nutrition.  Not a fixed spending amount to be used on what is wanted.

December 30, 2016 8:54 AM MST

Pro. The poor who are eligible for the program should definitely use it! This post was edited by Marguerite, the Beloved at December 31, 2016 4:56 AM MST
      December 30, 2016 11:43 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Marguerite and Happy New Year's Eve Saturday to thee! :)
      December 31, 2016 4:56 AM MST

pro and i get them cause of noone wanting to hire me,
      January 2, 2017 4:45 PM MST