Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you ever just get burned out on some websites ? I know some that lately just bore me to hell !

Do you ever just get burned out on some websites ? I know some that lately just bore me to hell !

Like blurtit.com

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

Absolutely !
      January 2, 2017 2:21 PM MST

Yus. I could name one or two places. 
      January 2, 2017 2:27 PM MST

• Yep.   Everything get's boring with too much exposure.
      January 2, 2017 3:07 PM MST

That's why I don't make my life surrounding sites.  I just keep my friends.lol
      January 2, 2017 3:19 PM MST

• I'm only around half the year really so.... 
      January 2, 2017 3:20 PM MST

I'm only here when I am...lol  
      January 2, 2017 3:31 PM MST

Exactly!  We have our daily FB email.  :)
      January 2, 2017 3:40 PM MST

This is why I float in and out.  I really like doing that and it keeps me interested.  This IS the best site going in comparison to what else is out there.
      January 2, 2017 3:40 PM MST

Not really.  The sites I have been on before were rather fun. I will leave the site if I believe I'm getting burned out. I can always leave the site and stay in touch with those I've made friends with.  I'm still friends with a group of people I've known for over 8 or 9 years.  
      January 2, 2017 3:16 PM MST

We had a tremendous base from when we met in 2008 on Shine.  It carried over when we joined some other places, but the bonds really started in a place that nurtured friendship and great discussion.
      January 2, 2017 3:39 PM MST

I was really surprised that so many of us from Shine remained there for each other. Guess we made the right choice to remain in contact with one another.  Speaking of Shine....I found a few of my old blogs the other day.  I can't believe how far we all have come!!
      January 2, 2017 3:50 PM MST

It's like marriage.  You start off with the right base, you are there for life.  :)
      January 2, 2017 3:52 PM MST

2008...wow.  And us three peas are still squeezing into that pod! Very successfully, I might add!  haha
      January 2, 2017 5:37 PM MST

January 2, 2017 6:19 PM MST

Yay!  LOL  yup ...  three peas in a pod !  How cool !  This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at January 3, 2017 11:16 AM MST
      January 2, 2017 7:58 PM MST

• I can relate. Blurtit has become a bit of a bore amongst all the spam and all the questions about someones crush... To be frankly honest, I really don't give a crap about that.
      January 2, 2017 3:23 PM MST

• I hear that !
      January 2, 2017 5:13 PM MST

• the problem with sites like blurtit, ihavesoled, amirite etc.. there are barely any users and new content isn't posted fast enough to keep people interested! this is why i doubt yahoo answers will ever die- big user base, tons of questions being asked in short periods of time, answers within a couple of minutes rather than an hour.

the layout and navigation of Answermug is good  but they need to streamline it, make it sleeker, and give it an overall facelift- the site looks as if it jumped out of 2004 and straight into 2017.. the site is also kind've heavy and bulky.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 3, 2017 2:55 PM MST
      January 2, 2017 3:34 PM MST

Good points Skunky.   They have a great base here.  People talk mostly about issues and there is little personal drama which is so nice.  I really like this crowd here.  But there can always be improvements.  This site has been greatly improved from months ago with the layout.  I love how comments pop out in real time and I can sign on at anytime and see my friends out there.
      January 2, 2017 3:37 PM MST

I really like the people who post here.  It's NOT boring and I get a chuckle out of a lot of posts. I was surprised when I was given a 'shout-out post' for my birthday.  This site is the closest thing to Shine that I've come across. I never thought there would be another site like Shine. But, here we are!!
      January 2, 2017 3:44 PM MST

• i tried the site when it had the old layout and this change is an improvement indeed, but it could be better. im sure it will in time. its good enough to stay and there are a lot of users on here to keep it entertaining. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 2, 2017 5:13 PM MST
      January 2, 2017 3:46 PM MST

The users and the questions make the site.  Even when people disagree with each other, I never notice a grand conspiracy to get them banned like I saw in some other places.  There is a huge variety of personalities, some liberal, some conservative, old, young, religious, not religious...all mostly a lot of fun to talk to.  

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at January 2, 2017 3:51 PM MST
      January 2, 2017 3:50 PM MST

Skunky....so glad you are gonna give us a try!! 
      January 2, 2017 3:52 PM MST

• It's a good site and i like it (been using  AMug since the 24th of December).. between this site and blurtit- im really starting to get over my sodahead grudge lol.. amirite.com never did anything for me so i think im gonna permanently deactivate my account on there (despite it being the closest thing to sodahead).. im on too many sites now and its getting too overwhelming for me..
      January 2, 2017 3:59 PM MST