Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Should we DO anything about North Korea? Or, should we WATCH and WAIT?

Should we DO anything about North Korea? Or, should we WATCH and WAIT?

Posted - January 8, 2017

Responses

• North Korea is the "Cartman" of world nations.  Just a fat little loudmouth brat with no real capabilities.  More of a joke than anything.
    They wont do anything because they know if they do we will obliterate them and no one will really care.
      January 8, 2017 8:05 AM MST

Willing to bet your balls on it?
      January 8, 2017 8:12 AM MST

• Yes, yes I am actually.  They don't have the resources to fight a real battle and they know it and even China is sick of them.
      January 8, 2017 8:16 AM MST

It's hard to believe he has any supporters in his own country.  They have seen and experienced his
    sadistic rule first hand. 1000's starve to death, people disappear or are tortured in prisons.
    Why he hasn't been overthrown is beyond me.  One sick man and his sister, it wouldn't take much to rid the country of them. 
    Lock him up and throw away the key. 
    This post was edited by Sunshine at January 8, 2017 8:28 AM MST
      January 8, 2017 8:27 AM MST

Those "supporters" fear him and that's the only reason they are "supporters" in the first place. 
      January 8, 2017 8:30 AM MST

• It's easy to support someone when the other option is the firing squad for you and your whole family.
      January 8, 2017 8:45 AM MST

Obama should have interrupted one of his many vacations to actually do something, or maybe during his apology tours. 
      January 8, 2017 8:32 AM MST

And what do you propse he should have done?

As for your vacation complaints, as usual it's simply ideologically-driven F***ING HYPOCRISY...;-D...

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/presidential-vacations/
      January 8, 2017 1:44 PM MST

What do you suggest, sending over 100,000 or so troops as President Truman did in 1950?
      January 8, 2017 9:47 AM MST

Hello Stu:

I don't HAVE an answer...  That's why I'm gathering intelligence..  What I KNOW is, BEFORE he had nukes, WE had options..  Now that he HAS nukes, I have NO IDEA what our options are, if any.

excon
      January 8, 2017 10:03 AM MST

I have spent some time Google-Earthing that country. Not much going on. A lot of woodland, not much modern agriculture. Only that main city looks fairly modern. Very little traffic on the streets, and lots of little villages (prisons?) with some plowed fields around them.
      January 8, 2017 9:59 AM MST

Hello bh:

That stuff's not important.    That they think WE'RE their enemy is important..  That they have NUKES is more important than that.  That they're building an ICBM that can reach MY front porch is the most important of all.

excon
      January 8, 2017 10:09 AM MST

I think we can shoot down the few ICBMs that they can launch and drop 'em in the ocean. Then we can bomb them off the map with conventionals. Perhaps China would join in the fun since we are a valued trade partner.
      January 9, 2017 12:46 PM MST

• Kim is virtually out of control but at present most nations are adopting Sir Humphrey Appleby's four stage strategy.

Stage 1: We say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2: We say say something may be going to happen but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage 3: Maybe we should do something but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4: Maybe there's something we could have done but it's too late now.

I think the world is currently at Stage 3 and counting.\

And here's Sir Humphrey himself: 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 8, 2017 1:39 PM MST
      January 8, 2017 1:38 PM MST

•   January 8, 2017 1:53 PM MST

• Thanks, Mr Witch. It was a brilliant series. 
      January 8, 2017 1:58 PM MST

In simplest terms, we wait.

It's not a great option, but it's about the least-worst option we have available. The autocratic regime of North Korea will eventually collapse. Both the Soviet Union and Communist China, with their vastly greater material wealth, military might, and large educated populations were eventually forced to liberalize and rejoin the community of nations. There's no reason to believe North Korea will be able to create an enduring Communist Paradise where others failed.
      January 8, 2017 1:51 PM MST

That's simple.    What would Putin do?   Ask Vlad.   He'll know.
      January 8, 2017 2:01 PM MST

Yes, we should send it out  facebook that pigface is a pedophile and include some Photoshopped photos.
      January 8, 2017 2:10 PM MST