Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » John McCain and Lindsay Graham are very disturbed about the Russian interference in the American election. Why aren't all Americans upset?

John McCain and Lindsay Graham are very disturbed about the Russian interference in the American election. Why aren't all Americans upset?

Posted - January 8, 2017

Responses

Why does it always have to be the idiots that no one pays attention to?   Who cares what John McCain thinks, he has lost all credibility these past years.

Why isn't EVERYONE behaving this way?  Why just McCain?  This is INSANE.
      January 8, 2017 10:02 AM MST

He is speaking up Sharonna. He is speaking out. He is questioning and challenging. That is more than the other stupid jacka**es like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are doing. For that he deserves my respect. Whether you respect him or not matters not one whit to me. I do respect him a great deal. I support/admire/respect people who speak up and speak out and say what is needed to be said. I don't respect the rollover wimps who prostate themselves and humiliate themselves and reverse themselves like Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan or Chris Christie or any one of the plethora of others who spoke out against Donald Trump the candidate and now suck up to and kiss the a**/feet/hand of the same man who is now president-elect. They disgust me greatly. I am surprised and shocked that you do not feel the same way. Go figger! Different strokes for  different folks I guess. Thank you for your reply.
      January 8, 2017 11:22 AM MST

• Well don't ask me.. i am totally mystified as to why Trump is justifying the Russian's behaviour and about why Americans haven't had Trump thrown out for being mentally unwell.. 
      January 8, 2017 1:29 PM MST

Me too DdbTD! The huge fuss Republicans made about Obama being soft and apologizing to other countries early on in his administration was shocking. This is even more shocking. They do not give a rat's that Trump committing treason and is a traitor for publicly defend Putin/Russia and attacking our Intelligence Agencies and our citizens and our voting process. Not a peep. Not a word. I guess they all agree with him. That is extremely surprising to me and I have explanation for it. Thank you for reply m'dear and Happy Monday! :)
      January 9, 2017 4:29 AM MST

John McCain is just trying to stay relevant and Graham is trying to get relevant.  The election was not affected  by the so-called hacking, which is now more sketchy than  ever since the report itself was missing key parts of a legitimate intelligence report and only three intel organizations were involved, not 17 like we were told.  I don't believe they have one thing linking Russia.  Assange is more truthworthy.  No one likes to acknowledge the hacking and spying that goes on but exposing truth about Clinton and the DNC certainly did nothing to hurt America.   If America wants to fret about something, fret about the fact that our intelligence is now political.  
      January 8, 2017 5:03 PM MST

• I understood that Russia has admitted it and what we know about Russia tells us that that kind of order would only come from the top. I understood Brit intelligence had also found a link. and we have no agenda.
      January 10, 2017 3:23 PM MST

The election was not effected according to the report. 
    If people did not like Hillary they liked the emails. 
    If people did like Hillary they dismissed or ignored the emails.  (Did you put any stock in them?)

Countries try to "interfere" with countries elections. USA certainly has. (Google Obama and Israel election)
      January 9, 2017 4:44 AM MST

• Hard to prove either way though isn't it. What about the people who were undecided or wavering?  It certainly drew a lot of negative attention to Hilary at an absolutely crucial time in her campaign. It made people wonder.. and question.. And, more to the point Trump's playing on it mercilessly, (it was he who first drew it to the public's attention) more than likely, (balance of probabilities) affected or influenced voters/ 
      January 10, 2017 3:21 PM MST

No the emails didn't even get much coverage. Undecideds who at that point did not know who to vote for likely stayed home. Thinking both were evil. As the Trump video also came out about this time as well. 
    I believe the FBI director Comney letter to Congress was much more damaging. Perhaps even made the difference in the election. Much as they did just before the election between Bush Sr and Clinton throwing the election to Clinton. 
      January 10, 2017 3:30 PM MST

• Ah ok, if you say so... hard for me to tell ... I heard about it a LOT and felt strongly that it would harm her campaign at a critical time.. and I felt that that was probably the point.  Perhaps we get different news to you? But we heard about it a lot.. and since news here tends to show both sides... we also saw that it was Trump who gleefully, (and it was gleefully) spread the news..  If, that news *only* reached his own supporters and not the general population that would be true.. just hard to see how most of America didn't hear about the email scandal and that Hilary was under investigation again.  Our thought was that a) the organisation in charge should NOT have made public an ongoing investigation and b) that Trump's language was yet again intemperate to say the least on the subject.  Hard, or should I say  impossible,  to respect a man who speaks the way he does.  The latest we hear is that Trump is saying he didn't mock a disabled reporter..  Unbelievable since we SAW him do it.. again hard to respect someone like that.
      January 10, 2017 4:03 PM MST

Yes people heard about it but most dismissed. As Bernie Sanders said in one of the debates "I am so tired of hearing about your damn e-mails" 
    I believe some people who don't follow news make not have realized that there were two scandals, the one with Hillary's personal server with gov e-mails on it and the hacked emails from Podesta her campaign manager. 
    I watch alot of news and there is very little I could tell you about the content of the hacked emails. 
      January 10, 2017 4:59 PM MST