Maurice214
Plingsby
Salt and Red Pepper
Zack - Mr. GenXer
walabby
President Mayhem vs. Sharonna
Lulu'sMom
thundercatmartin
TammyV2.0
Baba
SayitinaSong
PeaPod
Pepper Pot
Sunshine
Red Steele
SA (SuperA)  :)
Discussion » Questions » Names » The AnswerMug Challenge Series, Win Points For Your Name Edition:

The AnswerMug Challenge Series, Win Points For Your Name Edition:

How many letters in your (real) first name are there in common with your (real) surname?  Win points for the highest number, BUT, you have to follow the complicated rules below.

RULES
1.  This challenge is based on your current real and legal name. You are NOT being asked to post your real name, that information is private, we don't know your real name, so your honesty and integrity are key here.

2. If you have a middle name, nickname, pet name, stage name, pen name, alias, etc; they cannot be used as part of this challenge. Hyphenated names, either first or surname, can be used (Mary-Kate or Martinez-Gomez).

3. If you have ever legally changed your name, either first name or last name, you can only use one first name and one last name for this challenge.
For example, married women who took their husband's last name may choose between their maiden last names or married last names, but not both. Subsequently, with multiple name-changes based on several marriages, only one surname can be used here. People who legally changed their first names because of immigration or other reasons must also select one name, either the original or the new one, but not both. 

4. Letters that appear multiple times in one name each count separately, such as Sally Wellingham -- letter L = 4.

5.  The lowest possible score is zero (no letters in common), the next possible score is two (at least 2 letters in common).

6.  I think the rules are confusing enough: let's play. 

My score is 2.
~

• 5430
    Wait, the lowest possible score is zero (no letters in common), the next possible score is two (2 letters in common).

~
    2

• 808
    Your rules are wrong so I changed them. You asked how many letters in my first name are also in my last name and the answer is one.  I really don't care if Sally Wellington can't count. 
    3

• 5430
    What's wrong about the rules?
    -
    0

• 5430

~
    1

• 649
    Umm, the rules are confusing.

My legal first name which I never use one A and one L.  My married last name has two As and two Ls so not sure how to add up that score.
    2

• 8961
    Shh. It will be four, Miss.
    2

• 649
    Thanks, don't tell Randy I got the answer from you.  I would like to stay out of the principal's office today.
    2

• 8961
    Yus. Rules are rules, even if we don't get them straight. Ugh. I have such problems with straight. Oomph.
    2

• 5430
    It doesn't matter whether or not you use the name, nor does it matter that you do not like the name.  

You've done very well, Young Lady.  Your score is 4.

~
    1

• 2935
    I have 5. (S in each (2), E--1 in first and 2 in last (3))
    This post was edited by my2cents at January 8, 2017 10:53 PM MST
    2

• 5430
    :)
    1

• 8961
    How can a score become unequal, quiz master?
    1

• 5430
    Easily: the only improbable score is 1, because it means only one instance of a letter appearing, and if only once, it's not in both the first and last name.  However, a letter might appear an odd number of times.

Example: Stephen Gregory has the letter E 3 times.  His total score would be 3.

~
    1

• 8961
    Oomph. Back counting again. These rules are really not that obvious. *pouts*
    1