Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What does it say for our FREEDOM when the most despised pig in America is elected President? I don't get it, do you?

What does it say for our FREEDOM when the most despised pig in America is elected President? I don't get it, do you?

Posted - January 8, 2017

Responses

If he was so despised he would not have been elected. 
      January 8, 2017 11:49 AM MST

Have you read anything since the election?  Have you?  

We are TRYING to FIND OUT HOW he WAS elected?  DUH?
      January 8, 2017 11:50 AM MST

• He was elected cos there are, unfortunately a lot of very easily led, uneducated people who fell for a lot of lies and hype. He was elected cos the Ruskies meddled in the election at a critical time, thus making people mistrust the opposition. He was elected cos America has a totally off the wall strange electoral system whereby even though his opposition won over a million more votes HE still got elected... 
      January 8, 2017 12:41 PM MST

Will you marry me?
      January 8, 2017 12:54 PM MST

• Tee hee yes of course!  We definitely agree - the man is despicable!  I just had a message from someone who said they should stay positive re Trump... Now I am normally a very positive person, but would I be positive in the face of an utter loony as Prez? No way - everyone needs to have their wits about them and their guard up to protect themselves as much as possible. 
      January 8, 2017 12:59 PM MST

• The electoral college did what it was designed to do and prevent densely populated states dictate to the rest of us who leads the nation. Praise God they had this foresight, otherwise the rest of us are effectively disenfranchised by LA, Chicago, and NYC.
      January 8, 2017 1:23 PM MST

@TE -- Do you also object to the fact that only about 12 states in any Presidential election are contested, because the remainder are almost unflippably GOP/Demo?

If the EC result was Trump winning because he won the 40 least-populous states by a 40-0 popular vote and lost the remaining states 70,000,000 - 0, would you still support the result?

Or is your love of anti-democratic anachronisms solely based upon TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ losing?....;-D..
      January 8, 2017 1:35 PM MST

• Of course we won't go into extreme examples... I support the system as designed. No changes. The last piece is your opinion in my regard. I've accepted more than one election in which I thought the victor was a mistake, that's the way it works.
      January 8, 2017 1:47 PM MST

@TalanE -- What's so sacred about "the system as designed"? Why should only Presidential elections be based upon geography? How about state governors/legistlators being elected by geography (e.g. every county in the state has one electoral vote, or every subdistrict in a legislator's jurisdiction have one electoral vote)?

Note: Accepting an election where you thought the "wrong" candidate won for IDEOLOGICAL reasons, rather than structural reasons is beside the point.
      January 8, 2017 1:58 PM MST

Do you believe if Hilliary's corruption was not made public she would have been elected?
      January 8, 2017 6:53 PM MST

I guess that disdain is a matter of perspective.
      January 8, 2017 11:52 AM MST

Yes.  Thank you for stating the obvious.
      January 8, 2017 11:53 AM MST

I don't care for him either. Granted, I've had this same feeling about the last 4 presidential elections. Guess I've kinda gotten used to it.
      January 8, 2017 12:14 PM MST

DIsdain is my middle name.
      January 8, 2017 12:18 PM MST

Sharonna, Fork wrote that the past 4 elections stirred similar perspectives, which means that in at least 2 of them, the electee was someone you espoused and/or supported.  I notice that you didn't address that at all, yet you often purport that others should be just as indignant as you are in your fervent opposition to Trump. Just noticing, that's all. 
    ~
      January 8, 2017 1:02 PM MST

• Not entirely sure your logic stands up to scrutiny there Randy... just saying.
      January 8, 2017 1:06 PM MST

Neither does Sharonna's logic stand up to any scrutiny that disagrees with her perspective, and since you agree with her, you also. 

It's easy to call others ignorant and stupid when they disagree with you, right?
    ~
      January 8, 2017 2:25 PM MST

She's just upset. Don't hold it against her. Took me awhile after the 2008 and 2012 elections to calm my britches too. lol When you invest so much into a candidate (for me it was Ron Paul) and you feel as though they didn't simply lose, but were robbed of even a chance to succeed, it's tough to see a future where you may once again have faith in the system that allowed such a thing to happen.

I wouldn't take it personally.

January 9, 2017 8:05 AM MST

Thank you, Fork. I don't take it personally. 
    ~
      January 9, 2017 8:08 AM MST

Sorry, it isn't my business. I just know you two are friends.
      January 9, 2017 8:20 AM MST

• It says alot for our freedom because we elected the despised pig out of office from the last eight years.
      January 8, 2017 12:07 PM MST

I wish I could call you a name right now.   They won't let me.  So, just imagine the worst thing I can call you and I am thinking that.
      January 8, 2017 12:08 PM MST

Why would name-calling be appropriate, Sharonna, even if you only intimate to it or do so in jest?  
    If and when someone referred to Hillary Clinton and/or Barack Obama with disparaging ephitats, you took exception. You refer to Trump as a pig and other such names, so I wonder if that's the utmost in maturity and civility with which you level your arguments. Hmmmm. 

:|
      January 8, 2017 1:08 PM MST

@COG

1) Obama was term-limited out of office anyway, so the election wasn't about him.

2) If the election HAD been about Obama, chances are he would have won handily.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/poll-obama-approval-rating-231789

You can now return to your regularly scheduled STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ WHO IZ STOOPID...AND EBIL!-bashing...;-D...
      January 8, 2017 12:13 PM MST