Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » For you Christians, (those who believe in the Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit) How did you become a Christian? How has it helped you?

For you Christians, (those who believe in the Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit) How did you become a Christian? How has it helped you?

Please witness.

Posted - July 8, 2016

Responses

By reading the Bible and accepting the Message it contains...

It has affected me in a very positive way.. I have peace of mind and assurance in my life and in eternity... 

July 8, 2016 7:53 PM MDT

July 9, 2016 12:55 AM MDT

i had a lot of friends in college that were christians that i was hanging out with, i was spending so much time with them it made me want to be one too

July 9, 2016 7:23 PM MDT

Maybe God was drawing you to himself  to save you.

July 9, 2016 10:28 PM MDT

In the first place amongst Christians who believe in the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are the Catholics. They have Catechisms called Catechisms of the Catholic Church [CCC]. These are numbered for ease of reference. One of them, CCC 841, implies that you don't have to become a Christian to have salvation. It specifically names Islam as a religion that can help you attain salvation. Here's what it says:

"The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day." (Catechism 841 of the Catholic Church) 

July 10, 2016 6:32 AM MDT

I am not sure what you mean? Many questions here on AM are directed to specific people (pro-guns, atheists, vegetarians, etc.) Why can't I ask a question to Christians if I am curious about their experiences?  

July 10, 2016 8:09 AM MDT

Jesus, God Almighty, came 2016 years ago to save mankind from their sins. I read the Bible alone and believe only the Bible is the inspired book and Jesus was very clear when he said " I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father but through me" John 14:6

Before Jesus God's chosen people were the Jews. No where does it say anything about Islam, however God saves people from every nation through faith in Jesus as God's Son. "God so loved the world that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life" Only Jesus took the worlds sins on his shoulders, not Muhammad or the Pope, or Buddha, or the sun. These gods can not save from sin. And these people who have NOT trusted in Jesus for their sins will have to answer and account to their own sins. I care about these people and that is why I am here. I care about all people, Muslims too:)

We can not add any book to the Bible and say that it is inspired Gods own words because of the last verse of the Bible Jesus says "Anyone who adds to these words I will add the plagues of this book (hell) anyone who takes away anything I will take away the rewards of this book (heaven) Rev. 22

July 10, 2016 8:27 AM MDT

Sure please answer my question then that I asked

"How did God save you? And how has it helped you?"

Please answer it! You can't because it doesn't address you, any more than someone asking a question like How has being a vegetarian helped you? It is helpful and saves time if the person said this question is for vegetarians, (it just saves time but is not necessary of course)

I did not mean to harm anyone. I believe you are just trying to find fault and an argument seriously..

July 10, 2016 9:09 AM MDT

There is nothing to believe in.  It is a way to describe the aspects of GOD.

Do you believe in math?  It exists regardless.

July 10, 2016 9:21 AM MDT

If you don't believe in anything you are hardly a Christian are you?

July 10, 2016 2:56 PM MDT

1- I have no problem with "No one comes to the Father but through me" I would be surprised if Jesus said anything else. If he was God he would not need to be the path he would be the destination. He would have said "you have arrived at God." If he had said "no one comes to the Father except through John" then it would mean John is to be followed and not Jesus.

2- Also, he said "No one comes" not "no one ever got to" nor "no one will ever get to" So, Noah, Abraham and Moses all had salvation though they never followed Jesus.

3- I respect your belief that "Only Jesus took the worlds sins on his shoulders," but I should respect Jesus more than you and I would prefer if he had said that. Mohammed never said his mission was to die for people's sins. I don't think our beloved Jesus said that either.

4- Mohammed never said "I am God" and I don't think our great teacher Jesus said that either. In fact Jesus, made it very plainly clear in simple language in John 17:3 that our heavenly Father is "the ONLY true God".

5- I also agree with you that people should not interfere with scriptures, but despite the clear warning, like the one you posted people have messed up the Bible. We've now ended up with 84-book Eastern Orthodox Bibles, 81-book Ethiopian Bibles, 73-book Catholic Bibles 66-book Protestant Bibles and, if the scriptures Jesus taught from was also a Bible then, there was a Bible with far fewer books than the Protestant Bibles. Even if we decide upon the Protestant Bibles, written by about 40 authors from different centuries, to be the true Holy Bible we're faced with so many different versions all claiming to be The Bible. So having walked into a Bible store which one do we buy as The Bible?

July 11, 2016 6:18 AM MDT

Carazza, i became a Christian because God brought me to the end of my self, and when He did, I was then able to look up to Him and say, Lord, is this all there is in life for me?  Meaning that I had experienced much of what the world had to offer and it had left me EMPTY. 

I think there is a God spot in all of us that we try to fill with all kinds of things that do not satisfy, but when we have exhausted all that effort and are still not satisfied...........then it is Gods turn.

That was what happened to me anyway. 

When I finally did turn to God , He received me like the prodigal son, with arms open wide. 

He gave me a deep hunger to read His Word, and I devoured it for many years, receiving answers to questions that I did not even know I had. My first bible is full of those answers on the sides of the pages, and all the blank spots are filled with my notations.

That was June of 1985, when my life took a dramatic shift, and I wouldn't take anything for my journey now.

I have a peace that truly passess understanding. I have no fear of dying, and the things that are going on in this earth now, do not make me afraid, as I know and understand that they are only birthpangs that are going to intensify as days go by. 

This world is not our home we are only passing thru. 

I have become a better person, according to Gods standards because I now try to live the way that God wanted me to from the beginning. I was always a pretty good person, but there was much that was lacking in my day to day living, that has now changed.

Thank you for being the person that you are and for taking all the heat that you do from the ones who are opposing themselves, Great will be your reward. I love you and God loves you more!!

July 11, 2016 11:49 PM MDT

Thank you! Sweet words! When God changes us we are truly changed forever. Yes one day (probably sooner than we think) it will all be worth it. 

July 12, 2016 4:11 AM MDT