Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did the UPRISING of the people STOP LBJ from running for a 2nd term?? I think it DID, and I think we need to DO it again.

Did the UPRISING of the people STOP LBJ from running for a 2nd term?? I think it DID, and I think we need to DO it again.

Hello:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

excon

Posted - January 13, 2017

Responses

We just did it again,LBJ said we have a sick society and he didn't want to run again, the Democrats lost after the people spoke and they can't accept it,the people spoke so be done with it, give Trump a chance ,stop whining.
      January 13, 2017 9:13 AM MST

Hello TT:

I can't help but recollect Mitch McConnell meeting with top GOP leaders the NIGHT Obama won the election in 2008.  They DECIDED to BLOCK and OBSTRUCT absolutely EVERYTHING Obama did.  

And, they proceeded to DO just that.  Now, you want ME to accept this orange blot on our history..  Ain't gonna happen..  We made a mistake.. I'm gonna do what I can to FIX it..

excon This post was edited by excon at January 13, 2017 9:57 AM MST
      January 13, 2017 9:56 AM MST

Do you believe the Dems have not already said the same time about Trump? They are already trying to "slow walk" nominations.  
    Republicans who "were going to block every thing" Obama did actually confirmed 7 nominees on inauguration day. 
      January 13, 2017 10:36 AM MST

That's ok Excon we both have opinions, I just happen to believe our system and support it. I Will wait to see how Trump does before I complain about him just as I did with Obama.
      January 13, 2017 1:39 PM MST

If Trump does not follow through with his promises.....he will have no need in running for reelection. 
      January 13, 2017 10:38 AM MST

You are kidding, right, with this?  You are planning the next four years AFTER this travesty?   Boy you really like punishment.   How about making sure there is NO 4 years at ALL?  Let's get him impeached. 
      January 13, 2017 10:43 AM MST

No.  They did polling which showed he could not be beat!  Here's an article by his chief of staff.  Read the whole thing.  There was no reason to make anything up. 
      January 13, 2017 11:55 PM MST