Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » On Friday it will be out with the old, in with the new. Will your life change dramatically immediately or will nothing change at all? Why?

On Friday it will be out with the old, in with the new. Will your life change dramatically immediately or will nothing change at all? Why?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

Is the Trilateral Commission a part of the FRC (Foreign Relations Council) or another organization? 

January 19, 2017 5:07 AM MST

True the rich elite are the true powers in DC but one good thing is that they all are getting old and most are in poor health so hopefully wont be around much longer and their kids are part of the same crowd that is being bought by Soros to riot and protest so they are no threat so big changes are coming soon
      January 18, 2017 6:33 PM MST

So only Dems are the rich elite? You single out Soros. What about the Koch Bros and Betsy deVos and all the other billionaires that doofus donny is surrounging himself with and wants in his administration? Any thought given to them? If not you are definitely not being fair or balanced.  Thank you for your reply t-w and Happy Thursday.
      January 19, 2017 4:14 AM MST

I don't *think* much will change for me immediately. I figure I will end up paying more for healthcare at some point because no matter what happens, the insurance companies will use it as an oppurtunity to raise rates.

The *thing* that will be different is that I will figure there will even be less than a safety net if something bad happens. So my anxiety will increase.
      January 18, 2017 6:34 PM MST

Ditto here with us too MrB. It doesn't look good. :( Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      January 19, 2017 4:15 AM MST

It will be the first step to change. To our jobs coming back. Through trade deals that are good for the US.  To securing our borders and making a way for the millions of illegals who came as children who are not criminals to become legal citizens. To replacing a failing Healthcare law with something that will help lower costs while still helping those who need assistance afford it. 
      January 19, 2017 4:59 AM MST

From your lips to God's ears m2c. I see none of that happening. I only see manipulation by the wealthy to increase their wealth and stripping we the people of all social safety nets. And killing the environment and once again polluting the air we breathe, the water we drink, the land  on which we grow our food. No regulations for business to be as greedy as they want. No consumer protection agencies. They get in the way of the  wealth vultures. I hope I'm wrong and you're right. I do. I see only ugliness and evil ahead. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 19, 2017 6:18 AM MST

It is everything he campaigned on. He has already caused jobs to stay in the US.  The rest we will have to see if Trump will deliver. And as I have said before his ego will force him to do everything he can otherwise he will look like a failure.
      January 19, 2017 6:43 AM MST

• Yes, Ford, Carrier, GM (I think it's GM) and Apple are bringing their jobs back to the USA. 
      January 19, 2017 6:56 AM MST

You are optimistic  my friend. I told you what I am. I think you know me well enough to know that I am sincerely terrified of him and his plans and the goons he is surrounding himself with. Trump has NO conscience, no shame, no moral structure, no brakes. Coupled with a Republican Majority in both House and Senate Liberals are now doomed to extinction. The ALT RIGHT WHITES are in charge. The billionaires call the shots. The next 4 years we will be sitting ducks and targets for extinction. I am deadly serious here. I am not joking. I am not talking figuratively or metaphorically. If they take away Medicare and gut social security or privatize it we're in big trouble...Jim and me and all the others like us. That's what they want to do. Those dopey spoiled egotistical evil-intentioned billionaires don't give a sh** about the little guy or old woman or old man. They are too busily greedily stuffing their pockets and their mouths and any other open orifice with everything and anything they can get their grubby hands on. I am facing a possibly/potentially deadly reality that he controls.  I see only evil and ugly and  bad . You see something else. I hope you're right. I have nothing to lose hoping you're right. Nothing. :( This is the last day I will be able to breathe clean  air. After that I don't know.  EPA goes and smog comes  back and pollution comes back and soil pollution comes back. I'm old. I don't do well breathing crappy dirty dangerous air or drinking poisoned water or growing veggies in soil that contains poisons from manufacturing runoff that dump their waste because they will no longer be restricted from doing that. That is what I foresee for me. This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2017 7:09 AM MST
      January 19, 2017 7:03 AM MST

I can promise you this. Trump is not....will not take your SS or Medicare. 
    You live in CA, even if there were no EPA, your state has environmental laws that will still be in effect.
      January 19, 2017 7:47 AM MST