Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » What is your worst memory as a child?

What is your worst memory as a child?

My father disappeared when I was six.

Posted - January 25, 2017

Responses

• I did break the chain with my daughter. I may have asked her a tine or two if she had lost her little bitty mind, but I' have never called her stupid. I may have spanked her, but I never beat her. After her dad left us in 1999 I never got into a serious relationship because I was afraid of bringing someone into her life who may not have been who I thought he was. It sounds like your mom had it real rough growing up. I'm very sorry she went through that, and I'm sorry she treated you the way she did. 
      January 28, 2017 8:05 AM MST

I feel blessed to have had enough positive influences in my life to have turned it around for me.  Perhaps I even helped my mother in the end.  I would like to believe it since she really showed her heart to me.  

Hugs to you and all of us that had to endure a rougher than normal road to get where we are today.
      January 28, 2017 10:54 AM MST

That's horrible! How could people treat a child, or anyone for that matter, like that?
    I'm glad you didn't let that hold you back, you're an awesome person from what I've seen of you on here.
    It just makes me sad that there's are some awful people out there, but atleast there are amazing people to sort of balance it out.
      January 28, 2017 6:30 AM MST

• Thank you, Patchuli. I did bother me for a very long time. My self esteem was pretty non existent until I was in my mid to late 20's. It was until then that I really did think I was stupid and unworthy. I read your comment and I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sending you all the warm thoughts I can. :) BTW patchouli is my favorite scent.    
      January 28, 2017 8:00 AM MST

Hello Chief:

When I was 5, Chuckie Stern peed all over me and laughed.  It's not earth shattering..  But, it was to me..

excon
      January 28, 2017 11:16 AM MST

Thanks, shipmate.
      July 17, 2022 10:02 AM MDT