Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What country ever starts out as Liberal and survives? Is Liberal thought a luxury brought about by the success of Conservatism?

What country ever starts out as Liberal and survives? Is Liberal thought a luxury brought about by the success of Conservatism?

You have to win a war before you have the luxury of feeling bad about how you won it.

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

Like liberal States ,they lose.
      January 28, 2017 1:00 PM MST

First, what country started out as using conservatism? 
      January 28, 2017 1:09 PM MST

Hello O:

W
    E started out as liberal.  WE still are.  That's what makes us GREAT.  I don't wanna change it.  I LOVE it here.. 

Have you thought about relocating to Moscow?  Will you take the orange one with you??

excon
      January 28, 2017 1:26 PM MST

• I kinda think they are different things.. conservatism and liberalism that comes from conservatism. 

Yes, I think it can happen but there are plenty of powerful countries that are not conservative.. and many that are liberal and always have been.

January 28, 2017 1:43 PM MST

That's an interesting point, and I think it has some validity. Liberalism (at least the 21st century kind) is a kind of luxury that depends on a solid foundation which can be seen as a conservative foundation.

In that sense, it is a further development of a worldview - an upgrade.

The best society, imo, is a mixture of the two. They are really complementary rather than opposed. 

January 28, 2017 1:48 PM MST