Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Keep your Samsung phone, don't switch to an LG phone. Trying to type is so f_cking hard you will lose it!!!!WTF?

Keep your Samsung phone, don't switch to an LG phone. Trying to type is so f_cking hard you will lose it!!!!WTF?

It will type the wrong letters and when you try to backspace it wil go completely apesh_t and multiply said f_cked up word over and over and make posting this tske all f_cking afternoon.

I'll try othow youyoshtshtryouyosht
See?

Posted - February 1, 2017

Responses

• Lol :) well it's only mid afternoon so didn't take "all"  your afternoon ... So is fine :p probably should have got an iPhone....I'm helpful, you are welcome. 
      February 1, 2017 12:38 PM MST

• I guess so Jaimie.
    I just liked how the Samsung sgSamsunSamsun there it goes again.
    I liked how my old phone used ttype so easy to type.
    IT WAS EASIER TO TYPE.
    thanks. : )

February 1, 2017 1:06 PM MST

• You're welcome :) if you haven't had it long you can take it back ...  I kept taking mine back when I got first smartphone... I tried blackberry , 3 Samsungs until I settled on IPhone ... ( I drove the people at store nuts and they knew me by name after two weeks :)) I've been iPhone addict since . Sorry you're having hard time with phone :/ 
      February 1, 2017 1:10 PM MST

• Aww.. Thanks I actually still have my Samsung I just put everything on this new phone and it has a bigger screen.
    Anyway, I'm just lookin to b_tch about something.
    Thanks for the reply. : )
      February 1, 2017 1:15 PM MST

• I understand :) venting just feels good sometimes .. RAAAAAAAR :p 
      February 1, 2017 1:18 PM MST

• I'm probably the wrong person to answer this. I was once a Samsung user then I tried the LG G4 and I fell in love. A year later and I passed the G4 to my wife and got the LG V10. I'm in love! Although, I have noticed the keyboard issue you've mentioned. It's alittle annoying but not enough to make me want to switch back. Good day, my friend!
      February 1, 2017 12:43 PM MST

• iphones are better :p 
      February 1, 2017 12:44 PM MST

• Blasphemy!!! :D
      February 1, 2017 12:46 PM MST

• lol :) I'm right cos I said so:p 
      February 1, 2017 12:47 PM MST

Overall, I did like my Samsung better than my LG...until it died and I lost all my info, but that is another story.   
      February 1, 2017 12:59 PM MST

Btw, when the LG keyboard starts acting up, you can do this and it will correct the problem...at least temporarily.

>Settings>Apps>All>LG Keyboard>Clear Data>OK

Wait for it to reset and you'll be good to go for a while.
      February 1, 2017 1:22 PM MST

• Wow, thanks. : )
      February 1, 2017 1:30 PM MST

• Download and install the swype keyboard ... that should solve your problem ...play store :)
      February 1, 2017 1:25 PM MST

I've tried several other keyboards and didn't like any of them.  I'll have to check and see if Swype was among them.
      February 1, 2017 1:32 PM MST

• the current samsung keyboard is a bit odd a rip off of the swype keyboard i believe
      February 1, 2017 1:39 PM MST

Probably, you can swype/swipe words on it, though I don't really use that.  
      February 1, 2017 1:46 PM MST

• I you should try the swiping function ... it's not perfect but it is bloody good :)
      February 1, 2017 2:49 PM MST

• Ok I wil, thank you.
    You gusguggueagea are helpful
    Ahh you know what I mean. : )
      February 1, 2017 1:32 PM MST

Best idea. Put your LG on a hard surface. Smash with a hammer. Go get an old-styled flip phone.
      February 1, 2017 2:01 PM MST

• I am a devoted Samsung fan... once had a competition with an Iphone user re photo quality.. I won :P  love Samsungs but they do vary greatly across the board re model
      February 1, 2017 3:08 PM MST

• I just switched it to Google Keyboard in settings.
    It's so much better so far.
    I'm happy. : )
      February 1, 2017 6:26 PM MST

LOL! But empathically if not sympathetically, for I know the feeling well!

I don't know the makes and models in the question and answers above, and my 'phone is just that - a text and voice device with a few extras like calculator and alarm-clock, but no Internet access (as far as I know), and it has real buttons not screen versions, and no camera.

I find texting a right pain and avoid it as far possible, and keep messages brief, because it's so physically awkward.

Some years ago, before I put my PC on-line, I tried a phone made by some French company - sorry, can't remember its name - that did have a camera. It was a dead loss. The instruction leaflet was so tiny the reproduced screen symbols were blue splodges, and the words were just a list of features. I wanted to use the camera outdoors, but the screen symbols were unreadable in even half-bright daylight. I wanted to send a couple of photos to a friend, but it did not transmit any. After many, increasingly more stupid replies to my enquiries to both ISP and manufacturer, the latter finally admitted they did not send the necessary access codes to that ISP! I gave up, went to a rival ISP's shop and had the phone re-registered to their company - still no good for pictures though.

I do NOT intend replacing my desktop PC because the more serious of my uses for it demand a lot of processing "woof", proper keyboard & mouse, and decently-sized screen. Therefore, I do not need an internet-accessible, film-makers', all-singing-all-dancing portable entertainment machine whose accessory functions include a telephone. I can send & receive photos by e-post - and I can faff with the images if I wish. In fact my phone is off more than on anyway. I leave the pocket internet-terminals to the Facebook Fraternity I wouldn't join even if they would have me, and text-messaging to the important and brief. A quite typical text exchange for me is "Usual on Saturday?" / "Yes, same time & place" / "Ta". 

Besides, the on-the-phone/tablet/laptop/WHY-24-hours-a-day brigade must have square-ended fingers the size, dexterity and precision of an orb-web spider's legs, not my middle-aged male's chunky digits!  
      February 26, 2017 8:43 PM MST