Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » If you were attacked by a bird, what kind would be the most dangerous?

If you were attacked by a bird, what kind would be the most dangerous?

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

I am H V Venezia, in the same way that Sunand Tryambak Joshi is S T Joshi. Apart from its origins as an old Italian name, it has no meaning. Most people seem to have a great deal of antipathy toward those who sincerely subscribe to philosophies of negativism, so a sense of humor regarding the whole business is almost required.  
      February 5, 2017 2:31 AM MST

• Thanks for that. Yeah, negativism certainly gets some people's motors running. I have the opposite problem. One morning I arrived at the office, saying good morning to all and sundry as I passed, and heard somebody mutter, "I hate people who are cheerful this early in the morning."
      February 5, 2017 11:35 AM MST

There are many raptors here with huge 7-8 ft wingspans.  They swoop down and take what they will.  I've never heard of one attacking an adult human but they have hurt and kidnapped pets.  All the others seems very friendly and beautiful.  There are usually a few blue herons in the back by the water.  I do like to see them around.  They aren't threatening in any way.  They just walk along the shore picking up this and that.  They must just eat all the time. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 4, 2017 12:13 AM MST
      February 3, 2017 11:30 PM MST

• It sounds as though you live in a beautiful locality.
      February 4, 2017 12:13 AM MST

SW Florida, Gulf of Mexico.  Yes, it's very beautiful but I miss mountains and four seasons. 
      February 5, 2017 10:23 PM MST

• I once worked with a Japanese woman who had lived for years in Hawaii. She said the same thing: she missed the seasons.
      February 5, 2017 10:25 PM MST

Without a doubt,  an Ostrich or an Emu!  Ahhh, you can't run fast enough.  They would probably kick you like a football and farther than a football field without thinking twice. 

February 5, 2017 10:41 PM MST

• Sasquatch (from Ask) had a pathological fear of emus. She didn't even like to read about them. I once told her an emu joke and she asked me not to do it again. They really worry her. 
      February 6, 2017 11:27 AM MST

Really? Having Emu-phobia is a rarity but understandable.  They are very large and powerful birds.  In fact, they don't really fit the mental picture of a bird.  They look like a left over from the dinosaur era. I would have thought she could relate to the ridicule and misunderstanding of such a creature.  People are always double guessing her existence.  It is very sad.  I believe and know she is out there.  It is dreadful she always has to hide because she is misunderstood.
    She is a gentle giant.  I like her very much.  On one our road trips up North, we went by a Sasquatch sighting booth in the Trees of Mystery. This is off the Redwood Highway (more commonly known as Highway 101.)  Paul Bunyan is up there as well with Babe, his pet bear.  I would have thought she'd be more afraid of him than an emu.
    The next time you run into her, please let her know Merlin says says Hi and will stop next time I fly by.  I would appreciate it very much.  
    She can write too.  I'll answer. Winks and Smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at February 6, 2017 1:54 PM MST
      February 6, 2017 1:45 PM MST

• We haven't been in touch for a long time now. On line friendships are like that -- we tend to move on and do other things. I'm glad you've come to aM. 
      February 6, 2017 1:55 PM MST

You are one of the main reasons I have stayed.  Thank you for being here too.  Ours is a friendship is one that would be very sad to loose.  Hugs loves and pats always! This post was edited by Merlin at February 6, 2017 2:29 PM MST
      February 6, 2017 2:19 PM MST