Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Random facts

Random facts

What are some random facts you have to share?

Posted - February 12, 2017

Responses

A cat has 6 times better night vision than a human.
      February 22, 2017 3:52 PM MST

BLUE WHALE PENIS

When it comes to penis size the blue whale's penis is the largest of any known living animal.

In order to provide the whale with a more streamlined design when swimming and to protect its sexual organs from injury the blue whale's penis is often hidden within a genital slit during normal daily activities and becomes exposed during sexual intercourse.

Penis size for the blue whale can vary depending on genetics and the overall size of the whale with the average penis length estimated to be between 8 – 10 ft. long.

Interestingly although their penis is relatively long the average diameter of the penis is estimated to be about 1 ft., with larger whales growing between 15 – 18 inches in diameter.

In terms of weight, the estimated weight of a blue whale's penis is assumed to be between 390 – 990 lbs. depending on the penises overall size.

The testicles are also relatively large weighing in at up to 150 lbs. per testicle with smaller testicles weighing 100 lbs or less.

During sexual intercourse, as much as 30 – 40 pints of sperm may be ejaculated from a blue whale's penis in a single session.

February 22, 2017 4:05 PM MST

Just in case anyone we know faints over this, I've got my smelling salts & hand fan at the ready.
      February 22, 2017 4:13 PM MST

I know right?
      February 22, 2017 4:13 PM MST

You gave me the idea and I ran with it.
      February 22, 2017 4:55 PM MST

This is a fun question :) .  In this case, I'm not actually answering the question but rather sharing with you.  I didn't know these fact until moments ago.   I thought you might enjoy them too.

1. Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
      2. In the UK, it is illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas Day!
      3. Pteronophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers!
      4. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
      5. A flock of crows is known as a murder.
      6. “Facebook Addiction Disorder” is a mental disorder identified by Psychologists.
      7. The average woman uses her height in lipstick every 5 years.
      8. 29th May is officially “Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day“.
      9. Cherophobia is the fear of fun.
      10. Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water.
      11. If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop.
      12. Bananas are curved because they grow towards the sun.
      13. During your lifetime you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools
      14. Nearly three percent of the icebergs in Antarctica are penguin urine
      15. An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it
      16. Heat attacks are more likely to happen on a Monday
      17. I found these on Top 100 Random Fun Facts if you would like to read more... but for now, ... That's All Folks!!!
    This post was edited by Merlin at February 24, 2017 9:08 AM MST
      February 23, 2017 11:06 AM MST