Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Have you ever thought of a new invention?

Have you ever thought of a new invention?

I invented a battery powered bra that would keep ladies warm in cold weather. The deluxe model comes with an uplift facility for more petite customers.

Posted - February 14, 2017

Responses

• Yes .... Someone I once adored ( still do and always will ) and I used to lay awake invent money making stuff! We decided on an app .. was something   about " breaking Lamps" was very detailed and lots of potential for help people break more than 6 lamps a night like we always did .... FYI .... Breaking lamps is secret code for ....something better ;)  
      February 14, 2017 6:53 PM MST

• In my heyday I was probably good for six lamps a month. Still, it'd be a popular app. I came up with something similar for my Tall Tales column. Had an Indian snake charmer record a CD. He said he could make anything stand on end. It flopped though. If it was played in public there was total outrage from the more modest members of our society.
      February 14, 2017 7:51 PM MST

Oh. You got to let me in on secret code. I'm curious now. Mhmm.
      February 15, 2017 3:17 AM MST

I thought of a horsefly helmet to protect you from those nasty horseflies while you swim. It was mostly just a pile of inner tubes with a jumbo ball on top.
      February 14, 2017 7:11 PM MST

• Necessity is the mother of all invention.  K.I.S.S.
      February 14, 2017 7:19 PM MST

• Nasty little beggars. Mrs Didge and i once competed in a triathlon at Lake Illawarra, just south of Sydney. That year the lake was full of stinging jellyfish and quite a few of us cramped so badly we had to swim without using our legs. Mrs D was wearing a triathlon suit and thought she'd be right but one got inside and lodged between her breasts. Very uncomfortable. 
      February 14, 2017 7:54 PM MST

• I thought of a great invention and gave the idea to a young lady on Ask.com for a high school project. She pursued the idea through a contest in high school and won a monetary prize and a patent. I hope she makes a bazillion dollars with it.
      February 14, 2017 9:20 PM MST

• Sorry. I missed the bit about her being on Ask.com. I hope she does too, Hippy. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 14, 2017 9:27 PM MST
      February 14, 2017 9:22 PM MST

• Nope. Do you remember Phlorence from Portugal on Ask? I gave her the idea.
      February 14, 2017 9:25 PM MST

• Vaguely. We didn't interact much, if at all.
      February 14, 2017 9:27 PM MST

• She was about 16 years old back then. I spoke to her a while back and she and her family had moved to London.
      February 14, 2017 9:28 PM MST

In the 60's & 70's, I was a teen with plenty of ambition. I 'invented' a bread wrapper enclosure system that has recently been introduced on donut bags. Of course, I didn't patent the idea, and it would be expired by today  anyway. Oh well, another million dollar opportunity gone.
      February 14, 2017 9:39 PM MST

• It's hard to get from the idea to the profit. But congratulations. That was an accomplishment.
      February 14, 2017 11:48 PM MST

How about a solar powered flashlight.
    Or a Diesel powered computer.
      February 15, 2017 7:20 AM MST

• I read once, somewhere, that the amount of energy we receive from Sirius was equivalent to the amount of energy we would receive from a candle placed one mile distant. (There was no reference to wind.) I suppose if we could harness the power of enough stars (although, of course, none of them would be Sol) we could have a stellar powered flashlight. Might be cheaper to buy batteries, though.

But a diesel powered computer? Element 99, you have a strange mind. :( 
      February 15, 2017 2:43 PM MST

• "Yes" ... I'm working on a car that you can drive to Hawaii. 
                 I'm presently in the testing stages.

February 15, 2017 2:59 PM MST