Active Now

Thebigd
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Do you have a unprejudiced palate? In other words how adventurous are you in trying out new cuisines

Do you have a unprejudiced palate? In other words how adventurous are you in trying out new cuisines

Posted - February 14, 2017

Responses

Thanks Randy,hope you noticed my question,it is incomplete....it eagerly jumped onto the home page.....before I could edit or complete it.
      February 14, 2017 10:18 PM MST

Never have been a picky eater.. I've always eaten what ever is put in front of me, have tried animals testicles.. tongue.. all types of seafood... have always eaten local cuisines wherever I have traveled too.. even used to eat raw snails as a kid, shells & all. 
      February 14, 2017 10:52 PM MST

Oh you are very brave;)) I can't imagine eating anything alive...!
      February 14, 2017 10:56 PM MST

Not brave.. adventurous perhaps... btw I'm pleased to announce that I've given up the raw snails. :-) 
      February 14, 2017 11:00 PM MST

Yay;))
      February 14, 2017 11:02 PM MST

As long as it's not monkey brains, sheep testicles (well, goes for any testicles), chicken feet and other sorts of weird food I'm all in. I have tried fried insects in China though to great entertainment of the local ones taking part in the dinner. 
      February 15, 2017 3:01 AM MST

I did see the fried insects on TV once,they did appear crunchy.....but......not me.....I can't imagine trying.....regarding the other weird food....I don't even know which restaurants serve it;))
      February 15, 2017 7:18 PM MST

National specialties you'd be able to get served if visiting the countries, or an expat from there in your own country. 
      February 16, 2017 12:25 AM MST

I am willing to try anything once, as long as I know what it is. Have had everything from Reindeer to Alligator. Some things are agreeable, some are not.  Frogs legs do not taste like chicken, and chickens feet are too little meat and too much fatty stuff.
      February 15, 2017 10:44 AM MST

Oh wow reindeer to alligator!!!!
      February 15, 2017 7:20 PM MST

Very adventurous.   There are very few things i wont at least try.   I do refuse to eat any insect.   Dead or alive.   And i cant eat anything with a face still attached, including a fish.   The face has to be absent or at least covered up.   I have eaten pit roasted hog where the meat was served directly off the carcass but it had a hat and sunglasses so i couldnt see the eyes/face.    
      February 28, 2017 6:25 AM MST