Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are there MORE EXTREME RIGHTS in the US of A than anywhere else in the world? Or are they just noisier?

Are there MORE EXTREME RIGHTS in the US of A than anywhere else in the world? Or are they just noisier?

Posted - February 20, 2017

Responses

• I answer this seriously, because it is a serious matter.. I am an observer, as I often say, i.e I am interested in much and I observe much... particularly people related.. 

So, yes, I have observed a very strong movement re extremist right there.. I mean we have them here, France does etc... but in these cases they are considered extremist, as in not the majority, an alarming minority for sure but not mainstream... We had our UKIP but they were never and still aren't taken seriously, they were at best a protest vote... but they don't represent other than a very small minority.. 

In the States it seems to me that there are way more of them, ordinary folk have expressed, *often* extremist right wing views, about women, about race etc..  Now that's alarming on a whole different level.... 

SO to answer your question, yes noisier.. but more worryingly more mainstream and more common.  This is what allowed the hideous one to be voted in  :(
      February 20, 2017 11:25 AM MST

Thank you for  your very thoughtful and painfully sad answer my friend. Not your fault. It is what it is. Of course once again I agree with every word DdbTD. SIGH. So here we are. What's in store for tomorrow? It's all based on the very large mouth of the very large Donald who never shuts up. Pray for us. Even if you don't believe in prayer. What could it hurt? :(
      February 20, 2017 11:33 AM MST

• Believe me I am... I care about America and Americans.
      February 20, 2017 11:35 AM MST

I know my dearie dear! That is one of the reasons I value you so! :) ((hugs))
      February 20, 2017 11:39 AM MST

I don't believe there are more (per capita) in the US than anywhere else, it is just the media has been highlighting them, and they have reacted. The more the media highlights, they more they will respond.
      February 20, 2017 12:11 PM MST

Yes and no.
    The thing to remember is that the US have pretty much lost the in-between. Those who are in between on the political spectrum is automatically classified as extreme in whichever direction they lean slightly more towards. I have seen people called 'traitor' (from both sides), when they said they were 'middle of the road'. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at February 20, 2017 12:46 PM MST
      February 20, 2017 12:42 PM MST

Like that couple in California, who after 22 years of marriage got divorced when she found out he was going to vote for Trump!! :)
      February 20, 2017 12:50 PM MST

There is usually a small, but vocal component on the fringe of any group.  The idea that anyone who voted for Trump is "alt-right" or "extreme right" is ludicrous.  There were not more than a few that I know, online or off, who truly supported either candidate this past election.  While there are always those who vote the "lesser of two evils", that has never been as true as in 2016.  
      February 20, 2017 1:01 PM MST