Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » When you start a discussion on aM what sort of responses do you prefer?

When you start a discussion on aM what sort of responses do you prefer?

Do you like 'em short? Long? Serious? Funny? And do you like to get into discussions with the responders or just ignore them? 

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

And that my angel, is what I appreciate so by you! Keep it up and don't let the others tyranny with music videos keep you away. Always know, I'll appreciate any reply/comment by you. :-)
      February 22, 2017 1:19 AM MST

• An interesting response... And that can be anything... Intelligent or humourous ... Especially those that challenge my own beliefs
      February 21, 2017 5:20 PM MST

• That challenge is one of the  big bonuses of these sites.

If I post a topic which produces either a controversial or stupid answer I tend to avoid a debate. It's a little like inviting somebody into my home and then when they express their ideas I start to beat them down. I'd rather keep it as friendly as I'm allowed. 

Of course, if somebody comes into my home and starts to push their ideas at me, that's another matter. Many years ago a friend brought her mother to visit. As soon as mum arrived she started on the Jesus routine. For the sake of my friend I tried to let her down gently but she persisted. Finally, when she saw she wasn't going to get anywhere, she said, "What about your children?" Which led to this enlightening snippet: 

Me: My kids are hopeless. 
    She: No child is hopeless. 
    Me (shouting): Hey, Geoff! 
    Geoff (shouting): Whaddaya want? 
    Me: Knock knock
    Geoff: Who's there? 
    Me: Jesus. 
    Geoff: Jesus who? 
    And I turned to the woman and said, "Now tell me they're not hopeless."

My friend said she no longer mentions my name to her mother.
      February 21, 2017 5:30 PM MST

Very well said!   I like it Didge!  
      February 21, 2017 6:10 PM MST

LOL!  Another great story Didge!
      February 22, 2017 5:48 AM MST

• And one of the reasons why, when somebody asked recently what ability would we like to have, I said, "Tact!" 
      February 22, 2017 1:16 PM MST

• Yep... It's that point you reach in a conversation when you realise anything further is a waste of breath
      February 21, 2017 5:34 PM MST

• I'm with "Yes #4."  A response is all I hope for.
      February 21, 2017 5:42 PM MST

yes
      February 21, 2017 6:15 PM MST

I'm not particular. Any open-minded and objective response would be good. Maybe even a little sarcasm.
      February 21, 2017 6:43 PM MST

• That got a grin. :)
      February 21, 2017 6:56 PM MST

Didge, I can't or won't make serious, sophisticated questions, my questions are meant to bring a smile if possible, so I expect everyone to raise their hands and rush in with a response;))
      February 21, 2017 7:06 PM MST

• Keep your eye out for me. I'll be rushing in next time. 

I think I should stick to serious questions. Every time I ask a jokey one people take it seriously. I'm a failure. :(

February 21, 2017 8:17 PM MST

Oh no problem...sometimes it backfires....you have got to take it in your stride....Didge!
      February 21, 2017 10:54 PM MST

good ones
      February 22, 2017 10:53 AM MST

• They're the best kind, Pearl. I try to make them interesting -- well, a little bit -- but I know a lot of folk would prefer short and to the point.
      February 22, 2017 1:18 PM MST