Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Shuhak
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We get rid of Donald. How do we get rid of those who voted for him so they don't screw us again? Send them to a far-off cornfield?

We get rid of Donald. How do we get rid of those who voted for him so they don't screw us again? Send them to a far-off cornfield?

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

• Yes but we know there are those who are unsavable.. I am an educator by nature, I cannot change who and how I am... those who are blind I want to show them the light, help them see, those who are shackled by ignorance I want to open their eyes.. I dont want to TELL them what to do or think... i want THEM to discover and learn and see for themselves... 

But we all know that's unrealistic.. there are those so ignorant and filled with fake facts that the task is beyond us mere mortals in trying to save them and help them.. they don't want to be helped, they are not ready to learn.. so for now al we can do is leave them in their pit of ignorance... to stew there
      March 2, 2017 2:46 PM MST

That's the problem. We leave them there in the pit of ignorance and they do the same dam* thing again because that pit is located in America!  They elected a doofus with evil intentions who is owned by a foreign hostile evil government. AARRGGHH! Anyway my friend you're safe! You're not an American. You suffer from the Doofus second-hand not first. You can afford to be gracious and thoughtful and helpful. I want them GONE! Of course I'm kinda sorta maybe joking. Or am I? We can't survive this Doofus. How in the he** do we survive any of the others they might elect to test out as prez? See my problem? I don't trust them. Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)
      March 3, 2017 3:29 PM MST

I don't think we need to actually "get rid of them."

Education might work.
      March 2, 2017 1:13 PM MST

You seriously believe that? I don't trust them. They elected this Doofus didn't they despite all the warning signs? What's to stop them from electing other Doofuses who are equally inept/ignorant/evil? Thank you for your reply tj and Happy Friday.
      March 3, 2017 3:31 PM MST
  • AG

Let them vote him in again and then you can be done with him forever. That's the good thing about American politics. You can only be President twice.
      March 3, 2017 8:34 AM MST

He has already done much damage AG. 8 years of this? America will be destroyed in less than 4. Every choice he makes, every person he nominates is out to destroy America. The very power ful Steven Bannon on whom Doofus donny relies a great deal said he wants to DECONSTRUCT the administration. DECONSTRUCT. That means to tear down/destroy/demolish. He loves the Russian Lenin. He wants to rebuild America in the image of what Lenin would do. He is a  known racist bigot AG. I'm not kidding. He leads or belongs to a group of WHITE NATIONALISTS who are called the ALT RIGHT WHITES.  White supremacists. When they say "Make America great again" that is code for "Make America white again". We are going through a terrible time. I cannot support anyone who voted for him nor defends him or likes him. I don't trust them. We shall see exactly how much damage he gets away with. Either someone more powerful will take him down or he will take America down. It is that  bad.  Thank you for your reply. You're lucky you are a Canadian m'dear. Count your blessings. I'm sure you do. Being an American with The Donald as your head of state is embarrassing as he** and also frightening as he**.  SIGH. :(
      March 3, 2017 3:38 PM MST

I feel I understand where you are coming from, and I do see a lot of racism coming from many Trump supporters. It's a sad reality, especially when you thought the world had gotten better regarding racism. This post was edited by AG at March 10, 2017 5:33 AM MST
      March 10, 2017 3:24 AM MST

I will never understand them AG. We don't speak the same language. I'm going to ask a question about that. His supporters support/defend the worst in humankind which Trump embodies/exemplifies. That is not only disappointing it is scary as he**! :(    I know America is a worldwide object of ridicule because of Trump. All these folks see is their savior who walks on water and can do/say no wrong. How do you communicate with such people? :(
      March 10, 2017 5:36 AM MST

Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree.
      March 10, 2017 12:53 PM MST

Disagree without being disagreeable! That's the goal! Thank you for your reply AG! :)
      March 11, 2017 6:59 AM MST

I voted for President Trump and I am not going anywhere. 
      March 3, 2017 9:01 AM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee.
      March 10, 2017 5:37 AM MST

Rosie, you know I can't stand Trump and make no bones about it.  But to me it's just this simple.  How would we feel if his supporters were calling for the elimination of us?  Seriously.  I am amazed at people that don't even think we should be out there protesting.  

The day we silence opposing voices in a country is the day I don't want to live there anymore.

BTW.  I know a lot of decent people that did vote for Trump.  I may not agree with them politically, but I would sure hope I could do better than judge them for how they vote.

Happy Friday!
      March 3, 2017 11:06 AM MST

Thank you for your reply PeaPod. You and I are not the same person m'dear. I said what I think and I stand by every word of it. Trump is an evil dangerous man. It isn't simply a matter of Republican/Democrat. I wish ti were that simple. If you truly believe the words you wrote then you see things very differently from me which is fine.  Different strokes.
      March 3, 2017 3:41 PM MST

Personally ... I think Trump is the "fork in the road" I've been telling people we need, for decades.  Either Americans will say "Oh my god, how did this happen" and become better involved in the political process and make our nation better ... or they won't and our downward spiral will accelerate.

As the saying goes: "May you live in interesting times".

More in line with answering your question, though ... I've also stated for decades that America is too large a nation, with too diverse views, for a single federal government.  It should at least be split in half.  Though I would prefer thirds.  One for staunch Democrats - One for staunch Republicans - and one for those in the middle.  With the "middle" nation between the other two to prevent instant warfare, of course.
      March 3, 2017 2:29 PM MST

Creative thinking on your part m'dear. Very unique reply. I like it a lot! Years ago on another internet social site, Answerbag, I asked a question that was similar in nature. I said America needed two presidents. One for the right and one for the left. That way everyone could be happy. It didn't go over well. No surprise there. Most everyone wants the whole pie and won't settle for half. SIGH.  I wish these were interesting times rather than unbelievably terrifying and shocking. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Walt and Happy Friday! :)
      March 3, 2017 3:45 PM MST

Originally, that is how Presidents were elected.  Basically.  There was no 2-person ticket.  The person with the most votes was President, the runner-up was Vice President.
      March 4, 2017 9:08 AM MST

Hi Rosie:

Lots of folks like President Trump and lots of folks don't. But who are you, me, or anyone to decide that those who disagree with us or are are different in some way should be "gotten rid of"? For example, where would you draw the line? The day certain people are deemed to be worthy of that is the day we have a totalitarian society. The Nazis in Germany and others have tried that and look where it got them.

Our constitution guarantees everyone the freedom to think and believe as they choose, and that must transcend any particular president, group, or idea.

Also, think about the implications of your statement. One person I know who voted for Trump is my 85-year-old mother. While I disagreed with her choice, she had her own reasons for doing so and I still love her dearly. Nobody really has any right to suggest that people like her (or anyone else) should be "gotten rid of".
      March 3, 2017 3:52 PM MST

Bigotry defined.
      March 6, 2017 9:44 AM MST
  • AG

Go away for a week and come back to a book on this question. xD Thanks for the read, you guys!!
      March 10, 2017 3:27 AM MST