Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If you have stage 3 cancer, can you get your chemo at the ER?? Right wingers seem to think you CAN. Bwa, ha ha ha..

If you have stage 3 cancer, can you get your chemo at the ER?? Right wingers seem to think you CAN. Bwa, ha ha ha..

Posted - March 8, 2017

Responses

Chemotherapy is a pretty drastic procedure. I think the doctors want you hospitalized so they can can catch any unforeseen side effects.
      March 8, 2017 7:39 AM MST

Hello again, J:

Thanks..  I probably wasn't very clear in my question..  In my view, right wingers BELIEVE that you can get TREATED for ANY disease at your local ER.  So, THAT'S why they're so casual about providing health insurance for the poor..

excon This post was edited by excon at March 8, 2017 8:13 AM MST
      March 8, 2017 7:45 AM MST

I am a right winger.....I know you cannot get Chemo at the ER. ER is for emergencies (that is what the E stands for) And even then they are only required to get you into stable condition. 

I also know there are programs were if you are diagnosed with a disease like Cancer and are uninsured, you automatically quality for Medicaid. This is in my state...MO. It may vary from state to state as does everything else but I am sure there are other programs as well.
      March 8, 2017 8:25 AM MST

it probably depends on how bad your cancer is
      March 8, 2017 9:56 AM MST