Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Ten weird signs that you are highly intelligent, according to science... How many do you meet/share?

Ten weird signs that you are highly intelligent, according to science... How many do you meet/share?

Category: Silly Questions.

"Ten weird signs that you are highly intelligent, according to science" 
In the real world, spotting intelligent people isn’t quite as simple as looking for people who babble gibberish like Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock. But scientific studies have shown that there are a few traits which are linked to high intelligence – and some of these are rather surprising.

Each sign had it's own question prior to this one. How many of these signs did/do you meet/share?

#1 You learn from your mistakes
#2 You can argue intelligently
#3 You don’t think you’re intelligent
#4 You enjoy sick jokes
#5 You enjoy being alone
#6 You’re physically lazy
#7 You have used illegal drugs
#8 You don’t believe in God
#9 You don’t post ‘inspirational’ messages on Facebook
#10 You’re the first child in your family

Posted - March 14, 2017

Responses

I guess no one has really figured it out yet.
      March 15, 2017 10:15 AM MDT

Could very well be. Anyways, it shouldn't be taken for more than it is, and the category I chose posting my series of questions inside. Thanks taking part. :-)
      March 15, 2017 10:19 AM MDT

• Like PeaPod I only managed 6. I guess that she and I will have to sit in the dunce's corner., :(
      March 14, 2017 12:21 PM MDT

Enough corner time for both of you. Get out and play with all the rest of us. Btw, for what it's worth I look at both of you as intelligent people. Now don't come tell me that makes me less intelligent. Glis just told me I am a ten. Oomph.
      March 15, 2017 12:52 AM MDT

• Reminds me of the teacher who asked the class if they could think of a three syllable word and place it in a sentence. Little Johnny put up his hand and said, "Yes, Miss. It's urinate. My dad thinks urinate but if you had better breasts you'd be a ten." 
      March 15, 2017 3:33 AM MDT

LMAO. :-)
      March 15, 2017 3:45 AM MDT

all of them since im very intelligent
      March 14, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

Hmm. That will be self-contradicting compared to your replies inside to some. Of the single questions. That will be the all part. :-)
      March 15, 2017 12:54 AM MDT

8/10
      March 14, 2017 1:38 PM MDT

Close, very close. Anyways, haven't seen anything different inside threads here than intelligent behavior. :-)
      March 15, 2017 1:05 AM MDT

"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by ability to climb trees, he will spend his entire life thinking he is stupid."
    ~ Albert Einstein
      March 14, 2017 4:52 PM MDT

Interesting quote brought in this context. Is being genius, and I'm sure we all have at least one thing, the same as intelligence? Next, one should never be judged depending on physical skills given by nature, no? Last, is stupid the opposite of intelligent? I think I have met lots of intelligent people acting stupid, or being stupid in their behavior. 
      March 15, 2017 1:09 AM MDT

Now that is an example of philosophy: you present an opinion as if it were a fact, then pull a fact out of the reply and analyze it as an opinion. I wish I could do that ... Well, no, actually I don't wish it at all.
      March 15, 2017 5:49 AM MDT

I am not sure what you are implying here. Be free to elaborate if you want to, but no need to become snarky. As that is what I sense. Apologies if I am wrong. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 15, 2017 6:44 AM MDT
      March 15, 2017 5:55 AM MDT

I'm sorry if that seemed snarky. I recently got onto a philosophy forum and I am still hurting from that experience.
      March 15, 2017 6:39 AM MDT

I'm still not sure how to interpret your reply. Hmm. 
      March 15, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

Philosophy---the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.

I'm not sure that a philosophy forum will give you much insight into actual philosophy---it's frequently an example of either the misuse of logic or logic based on unproven suppositions.

My doctor has that quote from Einstein on his bulletin board. 

Yes, judge a person on his abilities, not on what he cannot do.

On the other hand, when you need a tree topped, no fish need apply.
      March 15, 2017 10:37 AM MDT