Discussion » Questions » Politics » Veterans of Experience Project, was the politically-charged climate there less "exuberant" than it is here at AnswerMug?

Veterans of Experience Project, was the politically-charged climate there less "exuberant" than it is here at AnswerMug?

I take into account that the recent US presidential campaign, election, inauguration and aftermath have greatly contributed to the current charged atmosphere, but even so, I don't remember things getting like they are now. (I was there about a year before it folded.)

:|

Posted - March 16, 2017

Responses

Honestly, I don't think that even the current political situation would have had much of an impact on EP. It didn't seem that the majority of EP peeps had many thoughts that originated above the waist. ;)
      March 16, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

• And that's a problem?
    :)
      March 16, 2017 7:28 PM MDT

Ha! Yes, it most definitely was. Particularly because of the large number of kids that were on there. :(
      March 16, 2017 7:42 PM MDT

• I often think they know more than us lol
      March 16, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

They think they do, that's for sure!
      March 16, 2017 8:12 PM MDT

• After posting I realised i should have added that bit lol This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 16, 2017 8:35 PM MDT
      March 16, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

Thank you, Savvy.
    ~
      March 16, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

• It all depended on the person you were talking to .  :-)
      March 16, 2017 8:18 PM MDT

EP was way less exuberant politically but with EP I remember the righties being louder than the lefties.
      March 16, 2017 10:39 PM MDT

There was a bunch of ultra right-wingers there who would try to pick up fights, and provoke left-wingers. The thing is, the community was really really big, with lots of opportunities to create posts. Questions wouldn't be on the front for longer than ten minutes or so. There was lot of trolling, both the more light one (trashy/nerd/thigh/martial art guy etc.) and the evil ones who tried to rile you up, and have you snap, all in order to then maliciously report you and have you suspended for attacking them. Then the Korean spammers not to forget, and a large group of teenies asking if we had missed them, making shout outs, praising each other, next hating each other, and then love each other. Lots of fractions not liking each other, attacking the others using the automated suspensions by malicious flagging. Politics would be it's own little branch and plenty of ways not to get disturbed as much as here. I think mostly because there was no heavy posters and the amount of all the other stuff going around filled way more than here.
      March 17, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

i dont remember hearing much politics when i was there
      March 17, 2017 3:56 PM MDT