Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Family » Childless adults.

Childless adults.

When you see a parent with an infant do you sometimes wish very badly to hold that infant?  This happened to me today.

Posted - March 19, 2017

Responses

I'm digging these answers. I have kids, so my answer probably doesn't apply, but, yes, I get hooked on babies from time to time. Not every baby, but sometimes, a little one is particularly sweet. There have been times where I've been stuck in line or something and played with a stranger's child. Not always the happy ones... I try to cheer up the fussy ones too. My kiddos and I spent the better part of a flight trying to distract a baby who couldn't have been more than six months old and the mom let me hold her. It's not something I'll outright ask, but if I'm amusing a baby and chatting with the parent, sometimes the parent will offer or a child will reach for me and, if it seems ok, I'll ask. Under similar circumstances, I have let other people hold my children as well. Usually, it's older grandmotherly women who ask. I guess mine are all well past that stage now, but I think there's a time and place for it. You just have to feel out the situation. This post was edited by Just Asking at March 20, 2017 5:18 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 9:45 PM MDT

• No, never, ever, ever.
      March 19, 2017 10:09 PM MDT

Sometimes I wish I had my own cute little baby to cuddle. I don't want to hold other people's babies though.
      March 20, 2017 5:53 AM MDT

yes, ive never had kids and i would love to hold them but feel like some people freak out if asked so i dont ask
      March 20, 2017 10:27 AM MDT