Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Ever felt a situation where if you tell something, they're not going to like you anymore?

Ever felt a situation where if you tell something, they're not going to like you anymore?

Category: Silly Questions.

Posted - April 4, 2017

Responses

so many times, I've lost count. It also depends on what is the thing you want to tell someone and the someone you want to tell it to, I find that it's different with different people.
      April 4, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

it will vary from person to person. Is the fascinating and frustrating part of humans. :-)
      April 4, 2017 2:28 PM MDT

• Then we move on to a new question.. Do we tell our version of the truth and accept the results or do we stay quiet and live in fear...
      April 4, 2017 3:10 PM MDT

it's not so much living in fear as it is frustration..
      April 4, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

• I think I know of what you speak... For me, best to be honest with the person concerned... At least they know and in knowing can then decide... At least hope lies down that path, yes, mixed with uncertainty... But still hope.. A small seed that sometimes takes its time to bloom and grow :)
      April 4, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

• I always look at it from the other side. Would I want someone to be honest with me? Yes. I appreciate that more than anything, even if the message is not something I would jump up and down and cheer over. Even when I've told people things, most still remained my friends, so I was worried about nothing.

That said, am I mistaken, or does the girl in the photo have a rope around her neck? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 5, 2017 12:01 PM MDT
      April 4, 2017 3:09 PM MDT

Not mistaken. Is a rope. 

Agreed, I prefer honesty myself. Even if it might hurt for a while, I will prefer to know rather than be kept in the dark. 

April 5, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

Hi SapphicHeart~  If the person is basing your friendship on just one angle that you disagree on, it seems that friendship/relationship is more of an acquaintance.  We all don't see eye to eye on everything.  If we did, it would be really boring :)  I think that tact and caring for the other person's feeling is mandatory; however, if it is something you feel strongly about, express your opinion gracefully and agree to disagree and move on.  All relationships readjust from time to time.  "Brush it under the rug" if it isn't an issue for you and don't say a word.  Or say a word with class and see what happens.
    You can only be responsible for your own actions.  You can not be responsible for someone else's reaction.  ;)
      April 5, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

I can live with disagreements. I see nothing wrong in having different views on stuff. I can't live with people acting in ways showing disrespect towards my person. There will be nothing to build a friendship on if we don't respect each others as persons. 
      April 5, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

Hi SH~ I'm going to jump on the phone with my mom in about 5 minutes. Still, I had a quick moment to read my notifications and say, "Hi!" Before I go, I'd like to say,  I agree 100%.  No one has the right to judge anyone.  Gotta go.  I'll be back when I have more time.  Until then, have a great day and I think you are a very helpful and wonderful person. :)
      April 6, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

Aww. Thankies. Have a lovely phone call. See ya later. :-)
      April 6, 2017 11:03 AM MDT