Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » When you are at one of the lowest points in your life, where do find the strength to keep going?

When you are at one of the lowest points in your life, where do find the strength to keep going?

Without going into a lot of personal details, my life got turned upside down this past week. I spend most of my days either feeling numb of crying.  It's going to be a very long time, if ever, when it gets right again.  How do you cope when all you held dear has been jerked away from you?

Posted - April 9, 2017

Responses

• Karen....I hate to hear you're having trouble of any kind. Unfortunately, we all must face these challenges in life. When I'm faced with them, I gather the closest person to me, lean on him, he's always there to listen, share a cry, and give me laughter when I thought I had none. I also find some peace in solitude some days....a place for a nice cup of tea, some music, and a good cry....nobody to ask "what's wrong" when you really don't feel like answering a plethora of questions. Whatever it is Karen, you'll find your way through and come out on the other side a stronger person.
      April 9, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

• Thank you. my family and friends have really been here for me, as have my friends. They offer words of comfort and encouragement, it helps. I just want to curl up and go to sleep until this is over. I know that's not the way to handle things though. 
      April 10, 2017 2:39 AM MDT

probably from god
      April 9, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

• I've been talking to him a lot here lately. 
      April 12, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

All of the strength you'll ever need
    is within you.
    Have faith in yourSelf.
    ....Hold onto the love
    in your heart and the wisdom
    in your Soul for guidance
    through this...
    Blessings be with you
      April 9, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

Faith is the short answer.  My thoughts are with you, friend.
      April 9, 2017 7:46 PM MDT

• Thank you. (hugs)
      April 10, 2017 2:40 AM MDT

I have gotten through some things that I never thought I could have just by reminding myself that I have always gotten through whatever difficulties have been presented to me before and that I will get through the current one. I put one foot in front of the other and just keep going, dealing with one thing at a time and asking anyone and everyone for help when I need it. 
      April 9, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

• That's what I've been doing as well. One day at a time, one hour at a time. I know it will get better, but I don't know how long it's going to last. 
      April 12, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

• I'm so very sorry you're going through a rough time right now.  I can only repeat what others have said in that you just concentrate on taking one step at a time, we have a saying where I grew up "big steps and little uns". Sometimes you can only take a tiny step forward but you do what you're capable of at that particular time, you concentrate on getting through the day a bit at a time. 

I've gone through a traumatic time where I just wanted to curl up in a hole, my turnaround came when I accepted that I couldn't change what had happened, that I had to learn to accept the way things would be in the future.  I hasten to say at this point that it took me a long time to get to that point and only after going through a whole variety of emotions from anger to cutting deals with God.  There is no quick fix to the things that hurt us deeply.  I wish I could say something that would make you feel better but only time will help you emerge from this.

Take good care of yourself.

April 9, 2017 10:27 PM MDT

• Thank you so much. I am trying to accept it, but I guess it's still just so new and raw. I'm trying to go about my days as normally as I can, but it's really difficult right now. 
      April 12, 2017 5:15 AM MDT

Drugs and alcohol are my first option but that is temporary.

I just realize everything in life is temporary and try to reflect on better times in my life and to get out and do things, even if I don't feel up to it or don't want to.

I make friends, on and offline. I read, I write, I cry, I laugh. Most importantly, I just keep going and realize that I am still fortunate compared to many.
      April 10, 2017 3:32 AM MDT

• Very wise words my friend. I don't do drugs or drink about for it to matter. A glass of wine once in a while is about all I do. I replied to your message on the other site and explained what's going on. 
      April 12, 2017 5:17 AM MDT

I can be right occasionally. :)
      April 19, 2017 2:20 AM MDT

Wey you are one of the kindest souls ..I have  ever met..like you said friends play a vital role during hard times. This post was edited by Veena.K at April 19, 2017 2:19 AM MDT
      April 12, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

Where can I buy more friends at?
      April 19, 2017 2:21 AM MDT

I find it in myself, talking to friends and doing a lot of reflection. At times writing, to get it all into a process. 

All my best for you Karen. 
      April 12, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

• Thank you. I like to write, maybe I'll finish that book i started. 
      April 12, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

I hope you do. I had some of my writings reminded today.
      April 12, 2017 3:52 PM MDT