Active Now

my2cents
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Instead of attending the White House yearly Correspondents' Dinner Trump is holding a rally elsewhere. The kitchen is too hot for him. Why?

Instead of attending the White House yearly Correspondents' Dinner Trump is holding a rally elsewhere. The kitchen is too hot for him. Why?

Posted - April 23, 2017

Responses

They announced a long time ago that they were boycotting because of biased negative media coverage. 
    And what is a little funny, some of the media will not be able to go to the correspondence dinner because they will have to cover Trump's rally. Trump wins again. 
      April 23, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

Face it m2c he is a COWARD! Instead of going to the Dinner as ALL presidents do he goes to a set up LOVE FEST rally so he can get his strokes from his folks. Pathetic. Cowardly. Wimpy. Just my opinion. If he had any spine at all he would go to the dinner and laugh and enjoy himself. He cannot laugh at himself. One of his most notable flaws among many. He can't make fun of himself. He can only brag about himself. He doesn't have any muscle to fight with. He is soft and weak and afraid. Now I know you don't see him that way which is fine. Different strokes. If he could just once laugh at himself! Just once take questions from every journalist not just the ones who support him! If he could just once show up for an interview on MSNBC instead of limiting himself to  Fox News. I would be impressed. But he never will. He doesn't have the spine for it. Spineless. That's exactly what he is.  Apologies if I offend thee but you know I say what I think and that's what I think! Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee?
      April 24, 2017 5:50 AM MDT

It takes more than that to offend me. But personally I would not go either.  I would you go to somewhere where people are just going to be nasty nice to you and you to them. I would go to a rally too.
    Did Obama do Fox interviews in his first 100 days? Yes he did a handful​ of interviews with Fox over the 8 yrs but I don't believe any in the first 100 days. Same for Clinton. This post was edited by my2cents at April 24, 2017 8:21 AM MDT
      April 24, 2017 8:18 AM MDT

You know my background by now m2c. I was a very shy loner. Painfully shy. I'm still that little girl within. But I am also stubborn and I don't like to feel that I am being bullied or thwarted. I don't let others influence me. I honestly believe I would go and face the music. Why would I show a lack of courage when every other president has shown up? They all took some ribbing . Why is Trump so fragile and delicate and weak that he can't take ribbing? How can such a person lead a country in times of great perile if he can't even face journalists one evening over dinner? I think that is seriously misguided.  He needs to learn how to laugh at himself. Everyone else knows how. He is not special or perfect. He has flaws and to acknowledge that with good humor would be a good thing for him to do. But what does he do? He runs away from it. He wants to stay where he is safe and loved and pandered too. The world will NOT pander to him m2c. The world is going to be rough and tough and not  concerned with his feelings. He wimps out on something so unimportant as this what else will he wimp out on?  That's how I feel. Thank you for your reply. I think you think too little of yourself. I think you would show up and face whatever they threw at you. You are not a wimp or scairdy cat. I have more confidence in you apparently then you have in yourself. Go figger!  :)
      April 24, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

I would not go. Not out of fear or being a wimp. I just don't like games.  I don't like nasty nice or passive aggressiveness. And it is a big game, seeing just how rude can they be and hide behind humor. 
      April 24, 2017 8:54 PM MDT

Oh. Okay m2c. Here's how I look it. You know that some folks who used to be on Answerbag left because other members drove them away. Same thing happened here on Answermug. No one drives me away from anything for any reason. I decide. I don 't allow others to intimidate or decide for me. I'm too stubborn. I face stuff head on and deal with it. That's just me. Would I avoid something that would kill me? Of course. But would I run away to someplace safe because I have no sense of humor about myself? Would I refuse to be among those who don't think I'm wonderful and can do no wrong? Would I insulate myself from truth or confrontation? That is what Trump does. He doesn't have the courage to be anywhere  that he is not adored/loved/worshipped. He just doesn't. So he runs away.  He is not very confident in his ability to survive hostile surroundings is he? He needs to control how others approach him, what they ask, what they DARE. I find him lacking in manlihood and not brave at all. But of course I would. I don't like the guy. I don 't trust the guy. I don 't believe the guy. He is a big fat  ZERO to me  on every level. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Tuesday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 25, 2017 4:49 AM MDT
      April 25, 2017 2:29 AM MDT

not sure why but he should go to the dinner
      April 23, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

While uncommon, it is not unprecedented, as Nixon and Carter skipped the dinner two years each.   
      April 24, 2017 6:49 AM MDT