Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » No guns will be allowed in the Convention Hall when The Donald speaks at the NRA Convention. I thought guns didn't kill people. They do?

No guns will be allowed in the Convention Hall when The Donald speaks at the NRA Convention. I thought guns didn't kill people. They do?

Gun slingers will have to lock up their guns in lockers they can rent when they go into the great hall to hear the great man speak! What kind of cockamamie message is that? It's the NRA fer cryin' out loud! It's the gun folks. It's The Donald desperately wanting to PROVE he is a gun guy. Not allowing guns in the hall when he speaks means people can't be trusted. Guns don't shoot themselves. People do. What people will be there that are suspect and untrustworthy so that they can't carry in plain sight their Constitutional Right? Something stinks big time. What's going on?

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

Unless I am mistaken, that call is made by the Secret Service.
      April 28, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

• You are right, but when has the Trumpendouche  ever listened to the Secret Service? lol
      April 28, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

• A gun NEVER killed anyone unless someone pulled a trigger. It's easy sometimes for us sane and rational people to forget how folks believe that a gun is a living breathing entity that exercises a will and motivation of its own without human intervention. Murder would not end if every firearm on earth vanished. And, if anyone thinks that the Secret Service will allow a convention hall to be armed to the teeth with guns or any other weapon, then such persons live in a different reality. I'm not a gun owner myself but I've fired one thousands of times over the years and I  respect it as I would any weapon.
      April 28, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

So why were they banned then since a gun is such an innocent bystander? I don't get it.  The NRA Convention fer cryin' out loud! Donald the Orange Man speaks. No guns are allowed. For a gun crowd that should be reason enough for a riot. Makes no sense unless they feared that some gunslinger would take The Donald out. Why not let them all open carry as many guns as they wanted to do?  Weird I think but I guess you don't. Different strokes.  The NRA Convention is Absolutely where you would show off whatcha got  gunwise and show off whatcha can do with your guns. Let The Donald carry too. If everyone were armed they'd all be even. But NO GUNS ALLOWED inside the convention hall?  At an NRA Convention?  What were they so afraid of? Thank you for your reply driftwood.
      April 29, 2017 3:32 AM MDT

We Brits always think the American attitude to guns is crazy. How does "guns don't kill people unless someone pulls the trigger" become an argument for making it too easy to get guns, and having no effective method of gun control? It is just stating the obvious, and an insult to our intelligence. You only have to look at the difference between the gun and violent crime rates in the USA as opposed to the UK, to see how crazy it is to regard it as a "right" to bear arms. Some idiot will probably try to argue that you can obtain guns illegally, or point to some spurious set of figures that are supposed to prove that violent crime is higher in the UK than the USA. While it is certainly possible to obtain guns illegally, it is very difficult in my country, and the spurious figures live up to their name. This post was edited by HarryDemon at April 29, 2017 8:26 AM MDT
      April 29, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

The Secret Service said no guns. 

The Secret Service works closely with our local law enforcement partners in each state to ensure a safe environment for our protectees and the public," the agency said in a statement. "Individuals determined to be carrying firearms will not be allowed past a predetermined outer perimeter checkpoint, regardless of whether they possess a ticket to the event."

Federal law provides the Secret Service the authority to prevent guns from entering sites visited by protectees, even in states that allow open carry of firearms. Law enforcement officials are allowed to bring guns into the secure areas

April 29, 2017 8:51 AM MDT

people using guns kill people
      May 1, 2017 5:37 PM MDT