Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Teresa May has been accused of behaving like Trump Apparently her speech was aggressive. Heck you don't think he's been giving her pep talk?

Teresa May has been accused of behaving like Trump Apparently her speech was aggressive. Heck you don't think he's been giving her pep talk?

Surely not?  LOL

Posted - May 4, 2017

Responses

If there is one thing we Brits need to drop it's our reserved gentle manner. We're so domesticated. It's really sad.

Corbyn is nothing short of a threat to national security. No words are too strong to counter the threat his sort represent. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 4, 2017 12:21 PM MDT
      May 4, 2017 12:20 PM MDT

You're British? I did not know that.
      May 4, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Yeah. People had started to assume I was American because of my obsession with American politics and liking for Trump. At first I just let people assume I was American, but it started to feel deceptive.

I just take an interest in American politics because it's the center of the fight for western civilization. Whatever happens to America will happen to Britain. 

I'm doubtful western civilization can recover from its current decline. Though if it does, the renaissance will start in America and ripple outwards. America still has a significant number of people who don't have the mentality of slaves. Britain is not so fortunate. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 4, 2017 5:39 PM MDT
      May 4, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

I take an interest in American politics.. well mainly cos one can't help doing so on here :P I think we have a shared interest - just opposite views :P  Funny enough when I take an interest I get told often that I should mind my own business that I shouldn't comment.. that they hate outsiders discussing their affairs.. so lol you and I are a pair of outsiders eh? Aww a shared bond.. how sweet :P

I have to take issue with the comment on slaves... you knew I would...and now I know you are a Brit well I feel we can discuss things easier :P  If there's a reason we don't always see eye to eye.. it's that in my opinion you do seem to have a habit of coming out with unsubstantiated comments .. we are no more a slave than anyone else...certainly not more than our American counterparts... this makes me feel you don't actually live here now... as it's often expats who are the most critical... but hey just a theory... 

You passed pretty well for an American I will give you that... so not that you have to answer.. my feeling is you don't life in the UK... you were born here, I've no reason to disbelieve you.. but you aren't typical of views here.. and you don't talk like a typical Brit... you live elsewhere and have done for a long while? LOL If you live in the UK we could pop round each other's houses for a cuppa :P This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at May 4, 2017 4:19 PM MDT
      May 4, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

Hold the front page Trumpian..re Corbyn we actually agree on this one :P Who'd have thought.. I disagree on the Domesticated bit.. we brits are known for our quirkiness, and eccentricity.. we aren't all sheeple... We do stand up and be counted and we don't take the shite that's thrown at us easily.. there are many examples of where people power has made the govt back down and change plans... I suspect you might disagree on that one.. you are quite openly disparaging re Brits.. but you know, my sweet that you aren't really a typical Brit.. and I say that nicely and fondly :) 
      May 4, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

The British have many fine qualities. Quirkiness and eccentricity are absolutely among them. I do live in Britain. Bournemouth actually. I continue to live here because the grass isn't greener on the other side and my family are here. Every country has problems and America has a lot. 

However America is ahead of us in that an energized right wing still exists. The spirit of liberty isn't dead. The U.K. is now well left of center. (That might seem like a strange statement to you. You tend to see the center as being mid way through the range of public opinion. Though I believe in objective reality. God decides what is true not us. It's possible for the majority to be completely insane). The so called conservative party are really just social democrats. They're a joke.

I didn't say the British were more enslaved. The whole world is enslaved. I just think more Americans have what it takes psychologically to some day break free. We are likely to remain slaves forever. As a nation we are too genteel. Liberty is taken by being aggressive and refusing to compromise.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved that those who falsely believe they are free."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe This post was edited by Zeitgeist at May 6, 2017 1:53 AM MDT
      May 6, 2017 1:48 AM MDT

Trump me old mucker.. we are moving closer and closer in every way :P I can see us growing very fond of each other :P 

And yea, we both know that we have many outspoken people here of all opinions...so you and I can disagree merrily and yet still respect each other - tis the Brit way. We like to debate.. and you and I have had many a debate.. I am honoured that you spend so much of your valuable time debating with me.

Snigger you do amuse me.. you thought I would argue with you that the UK is left of centre? Nope.. I agree. where we disagree is that that is a bad thing. Personally I am proud of it.. because I believe this is more civilised, human and the right thing to do... I read a something somewhere recently that those nations who have behaved badly in the past tend to move towards being ultra fair later on.. Almost to make amends for their deeds or perhaps they just learned their lessons.. We Brits have a very erm colourful history and as a nation we do tend to believe that we behaved badly.. and we generally seem to believe we are a different people now.. well except a few :P  Anyways... you really mustn't go assuming you know what I think :P

You mentioned God?? Now again you know that the Brits are really NOT a very religious nation any more... and haven't been for a long time...See that would be something more Americanised. It's also really not scientific.. Perhaps that's where you and I disagree most... I am all for science, for logic, for fact...rather than beliefs and dogma... 

Brits are known to value their freedom... as much or more than anyone.. we are allowed here to speak out.. there are very few things to stop us. we can insult our boss, we can insult the government freely.. and people power does get results.. we are also not enslaved by worshipping money and the pursuit of same.... money matters way less here and that gives us an objectivity and freedom...

LOL are you saying I am genteel? I think, and I mean this warmly, that you mistake genteelness and tact and sensitivity for not being aggressive.. I firmly believe one can achieve much more with words, articulation and determination working within the system to change things.. than you can with violence and shows of aggression...  We fight, we get things changed... just we do it with dignity and class..
      May 6, 2017 4:53 AM MDT

you never know
      May 4, 2017 3:41 PM MDT

No, just the awkward holding hands moment...

Still...he didn't pinch her bum!

May 4, 2017 5:46 PM MDT