Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Listen up. What makes you Sikh?

Listen up. What makes you Sikh?

Posted - May 6, 2017

Responses

• My skills with kirpan
      May 6, 2017 3:40 PM MDT

• Nice! 
    How the hell do Sikhs get on a plane? Making them remove their kirpan is a violation of their religion
      May 6, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

• I know there has been conflicts over that but I from what I understand airport security is allowed to allow them and they can bring them into schools if they are glued or riveted to their sheath.
      May 6, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

• I never knew that... Interesting
      May 6, 2017 7:57 PM MDT

• Ever met one?
      May 6, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

• Ever met what? A Sikh? 

Dude..even here in the boonies, we have a few. An awesome guy and his wife run a small general store up here. 
    It thrills the Sh*t out of me because they sell some Indian products that I use to cook with. They also have an amazing display of Pipes and hookahs. lol 
      May 6, 2017 9:31 PM MDT

• Yeah there was a small community around my neighborhood growing up but they mostly moved out to the suburbs.  They were mostly super-cool and friendly as hell.
      May 7, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

• LOL
      May 6, 2017 7:56 PM MDT

Hi Sweets~  Please read under Judas.  You indirectly, directed me.  Thank you.  Have a great Sunday.
      May 7, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

I'm Sikh of being told to Hare up.
      May 7, 2017 3:32 AM MDT

Good Morning Judas~ I'm not sure how to answer this.  I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt when I say, I am a little sikh when I wear a sash. 
    That is obviously a fashion statement.  It doesn't reflect who I am nor should it for the sikh.  Whether they choose to wear a sash/turban on their heads or their waste is irrelevant.
    I am embarrassed and truthful when I say, I first read your question and thought maybe you were going by phonics and making a joke by how to spell "sick."  With that thought in mind, there were many answers I could have given.  Once I found out what you were talking about (thank you WW.  You helps me redirect my thought pattern), that is my only and truthful answer.  It doesn't have anything to do with religion or what makes me who I am.

May 7, 2017 11:05 AM MDT