Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Share a song that helps you fall asleep?

Share a song that helps you fall asleep?

Posted - May 8, 2017

Responses

• I can only find live version of this song on youtube ... This song always calms me down and helps me sleep. ..  When I let it.  
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zORZc1AD4CU
      May 8, 2017 12:34 AM MDT

I checked the studio version.. their voices alone are soothing enough to bring anyone to sleep.

thank you. :)
      May 8, 2017 12:44 AM MDT

• You're welcome :) this is the real song I listen to when I need to fall asleep. It works... For me. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NYEMskcDRKY
      May 8, 2017 12:52 AM MDT

I probably won't fall asleep to it, but I really like it. thank you. :)

this is what I usually listen to..

May 8, 2017 1:07 AM MDT

Very ethereal.
    :)
    Nice.
    Interesting video, too.
      May 8, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

Tom Honey, the man behind Good Weather for An Airstrike, actually began creating his music as a way to help him fall asleep better as he suffers from tinnitus (a ringing sound in your ears.) and I guess in doing so, he helped not only himself, but many other people.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
      May 8, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

Thank you.  I deal with both tinnitus and insomnia, and I'm going to give that a try.  :)
      May 8, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

You're welcome. :)

A Sense of Uncertainty is a very serene album, it feels like it stems from a place of soothing and calm energy. You might also try some ASMR videos on youtube, I'm sure it's not quite the same thing, but they've helped me relieve awful headaches before.

In any case, wishing you sound sleeps & calm nights <3
      May 8, 2017 6:10 PM MDT

I had to look up ASMR...lol, I read an article that said youtubers had "discovered" this.  Noooo...I, and I'm sure many,  have always experienced it, but I checked out a few of the videos and yeah, I think that may help, too.  

I have always liked the nature sounds, too, especially thunderstorms and rain.  Many use fans at night, and I do, too...but for me it is a combination of the white noise and the sensation on my skin.

I began experimenting with biaurnal beats for the migraines I started getting a few years ago.  I'm not sure how much that helped though, as about that time, I found a way to nip them in the bud.  At least it has been working so far.  When I feel one starting, I drink the strongest coffee I can stomach, though I'm sure any caffeine source would work, then I sleep.  If I wake up and I can still feel it, I go back to sleep until it is gone.  I know that sounds strange, both because I really amp up the caffeine and because I am an insomniac, but it is as if my body just knows if I don't sleep right then, it'll be pure hell for the next three days.   
      May 8, 2017 10:58 PM MDT

My husband has tinnitus as well. Have you tried Lippoflavenoid? It helps him. 
      May 8, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

I haven't, but will look into it.  Thank you, m2c.
      May 8, 2017 10:37 PM MDT

I liked it.
    The lead singer is handsome, too.
      May 8, 2017 3:10 PM MDT

Geez - -  all the music out there that I find out I like but have never heard --  like these two.
      May 8, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

• Mazzy has been my go to many times

May 8, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

I love this group immensely. I have two of their albums/CD's. I've always thought that they have a "late night" sound to their music. I don't think I've heard this song. I like it. (I don't think I've ever heard anything by them that I haven't liked.)
      May 8, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

I haven't heard this song before! I liked it a lot! Thanks, WingedWonder!
      May 8, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

• Mazzy Star has is that sound that make me melt into anything I'm sitting or lying on. I too have all of their works because I love them so much.

And CDs? lol...I own very few. Most of what I listen to is on vinyl or in digital files. I love the records, the sound of the needle  as it slowly ascends onto the spinning platter, into the grooves, the pops, the crackles, and entire ritual... It give me goose pimples :)
      May 8, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

I don't have a working turntable/stereo at the moment. I like vinyl, too. I own lots of CD's, too, though.
      May 9, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

• Beautiful! I just love the sweet sound of a piano. 
    A dear friend of mine is a pianist. I could sit and listen to him play all evening This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 8, 2017 5:02 PM MDT
      May 8, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

You can add an answerMug friend to your pianist-friends list -- I play, too.
      May 8, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

• Do you?!  That is wonderful. 
    How long have you been playing?
      May 8, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

Since I was six years old.
      May 8, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

• That's great, Welby...Do you preform publicly?
      May 8, 2017 4:17 PM MDT

Yes.
      May 8, 2017 5:54 PM MDT