Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Echooos
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » I suppose it's unseemly to celebrate anyone's death although people like Hitler could be an exception. Do you mourn the death of evil? Why?

I suppose it's unseemly to celebrate anyone's death although people like Hitler could be an exception. Do you mourn the death of evil? Why?

Posted - May 18, 2017

Responses

I wouldn't mourn it, but I wouldn't celebrate it. That seems pretty twisted itself.
      May 18, 2017 7:10 AM MDT

Lots of human beings are very twisted so I'm sure there are many who celebrate the deaths of those they despise even if such people are "good". Of course evil and good are subjective as is everything else in life. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Thursday. :) I read somewhere once upn a time about all the GOOD Hitler had done. Of course there are those who say the holocaust never happened. SIGH.  :(
      May 18, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

I don't think I'd feel anything for someone far removed from me.. even if they were evil.. perhaps relief? But no sense of justice -= well not unless they died horribly and way too young... 

There's a guy here who just died.. a murderer of children, he and his girlfriend abducted, sexually assaulted, tortured and then killed several children back in the 60s - he just died from lung cancer.. Personally I didn't celebrate or feel sad/happy.. I don't feel justice has been achieved by him dying.. his victims died a long time ago and never got the chance to live as long as he did....

I think it I were one of the family who lost a child.. then I would feel more.. but as it is.. I suppose the most i feel is that there is one less evil person in the world...
      May 18, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

not at all, if someone is evil like hitler i dont mourn them
      May 18, 2017 9:43 PM MDT