Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » It's certainly safer to speak in generalities figuratively rather than about specifics and reality. Which is more satisfying? Why?

It's certainly safer to speak in generalities figuratively rather than about specifics and reality. Which is more satisfying? Why?

Posted - May 25, 2017

Responses

Some people are not able to see the pattern behind the specific case. It's good to go beyond an example, while of course remembering each problem has its specificity, its complexity. 
      May 25, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

That's true EW. Odd how that happens from time to time. The most simple thing in the world can seem very complicated while the really complex thing is simplified beyond reason. It takes thought and concentration to figure out which is which. No hipshot potshot folks ever get it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      May 25, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

It's always better to be able to speak freely and openly.. sadly for some that means insults and swearing, and equally it can generate that response when one tries to do that.. 
      May 25, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

I think the swearers and insulters and the correctors and the criticizers have very limited intellectual abilities. Otherwise they would be able to communicate ideas/views with civility and not put people down to bring themselves up. When they can't they don't. If they could they would. They can't help being inadequate I guess. I should pity them but I just avoid them. It's easier on me and I don't owe them anything! Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      May 25, 2017 1:07 PM MDT