Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What's the happiest movie you've ever seen?

What's the happiest movie you've ever seen?

if someone says It's a Wonderful Life then I swear I... will.... do.....nothing.. probably.. just.. suppress.... my... arrrgh... frustration.. *sigh*

also, happy as in "made you happy".

Posted - May 25, 2017

Responses

• Its A Wonderful Life is rather more sappy than happy.  So, no to that one.  If "happy" can also mean  "funny" which makes one happy then most of Leslie Nilson's stuff.
      May 25, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

Loved Airplane!
    and yes, funny can definitely mean happy. :)
      May 25, 2017 10:50 PM MDT

This made Don and I laugh for sure!  Slapstick as it is, it had us holding our sides... "So Timmy..... " Hahahahahaa!!  
      May 25, 2017 11:50 PM MDT

:D
      May 25, 2017 11:54 PM MDT

• Clerks 2 ..: one time I mentioned this movie on an other site and it sent a religious " nut" into a tail spin... I'm the devil spawn;) got donke? y @ ladyhorse ? Anyway clerks 2 makes me happy cos I mentioned I like it and caused a scene. It's fun though :)https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C05dEUdv0FE
      May 25, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

Loooooved Clerks 2! Kevin Smith has this rare talent of creating something meaningful out of something absolutely absurd..

also, this gets extra points for the boob jiggle ;D
      May 25, 2017 11:11 PM MDT

• Yesssss . I like
    the way he uses dialogue in his movies . I know can come across as "crass" to most... But there's so much there . I honestly think he is a genius. I like him so much live .. If you ever get a chance just listen to him talk ... Listen. It's the besterest :)
      May 25, 2017 11:30 PM MDT

The world according to Garp
      May 25, 2017 11:12 PM MDT

• First one that came to mind .... "Cool Runnings"

May 25, 2017 11:26 PM MDT

Good Choice!!  This was a Happy Movie!!  I had forgotten about it until right now :) :)
      May 25, 2017 11:48 PM MDT

Classic Disney movies were awesome! I really miss those times.. :')
      May 25, 2017 11:49 PM MDT

I totally agree! 
      May 26, 2017 12:08 AM MDT

Hi nobodyliar~ There is no way I could name just one :)  I'm all for Happy movies much more than slice and dice movies.  Romantic and thought inspiring movies are great too; but, I think fun and happy movies are the best.  If you are looking for some fun little flicks, here are some I enjoyed and some that had me rolling on the floor.  They are NOT in any order.

Victor/Victoria
    City Slickers
    Meet The Parents
    The Full Monty
    Mary Poppins
    Office Space
    Day and Night (I think that's the title.  Maybe Night and Day ??  With Tom Cruise and that really tall chick she was in Something about Mary too.. Shoot!  Her name is eluding me right now.  I think it starts with a "C".  Something about Mary was pretty cute, too!
    Tootsie
    When Harry Met Sally
    Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory

Right now, those are all I can think of that made me laugh.  I couldn't put a favorite.  They all have great points and really depends on what you are looking for.  I hope this helps! ;)

May 26, 2017 12:17 AM MDT

Vicrot/Victoria is one of my favorite movies of all time! if you're referring to the version with Julie Andrews, then it's absolutely a great happy movie. it was so refreshing to me how progressive and intelligent the dialogoue was in that movie, aside from the stellar perfromance and fun plot, of course.

Thank you for the intensive list! I agree, happy movies are much better than slice and dice.. although for some, the two are synonymous.. not so much for me, though. 

it does help a lot, thank you. :)
      May 26, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

I've probably watched far fewer movies than anyone here, so I'm sure there is a happier one, but the feel good movie that comes to mind is The Last Mimzy.  

May 26, 2017 12:18 AM MDT

• I hadn't heard of it, so I YouTubed it and it looks like something I'd enjoy. Thanks. :)
      May 26, 2017 1:02 AM MDT

Welcome, ALF.  I like a lot of kids movies anyway, but that aside, I really found this to make you just feel good.  Hope you enjoy it, and I'd be interested in your take on it after you watch it.  
    This post was edited by Bozette at May 26, 2017 5:06 PM MDT
      May 26, 2017 1:18 AM MDT

• We'll be in touch ...
      May 26, 2017 1:20 AM MDT

I like happy ending stories.. a couple of favourites that always leave me feeling happy are American Pie, My fair Lady, High Society, and almost anything with Cary Grant in it.. lol mostly old movies.. 
      May 26, 2017 4:35 AM MDT

The movie to immediately come to my mind - - I'm going with it for my answer ~

"Savannah Smiles"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 27, 2017 10:17 AM MDT
      May 26, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

the kid looks way too happy not to end up dead at the end..

I'll have to trust you on this one, if anyone dies, you'll have hell to pay >.>

:)
      May 26, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

Ha! That's a great comment, nobodylair.37!

If you want to know, let me know and I can tell you if the kid stays alive.
    You're right - - she looks incredibly happy here - - the actress has a wonderful natural happiness in the movie to me.
    Oh, the movie is a comedy.
      May 27, 2017 7:18 AM MDT

I'm with Welby!!  That was a hilarious comeback!!  Welby is pretty darn funny anyway and this was the perfect set-up!  Too much fun with both of you!!  Big giggles coming from over here! :D  :D
      May 27, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

That's cool, Merlin! I'm glad you joined in!
    Nobodylair.37 - - your comment made me smile again just now.
      May 27, 2017 12:10 PM MDT