Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How many devices do you have that connect to the internet? We pay for it through our carrier. WHAT IF we were taxed for it as well?

How many devices do you have that connect to the internet? We pay for it through our carrier. WHAT IF we were taxed for it as well?

What category of tax would it be?

Posted - June 29, 2017

Responses

You are already taxed several times. Many taxes paid in the the price you pay for the device and for the carriers service you receive.
    Are you talking about an additional tax after you buy the device?

Seems we have plenty of taxes already.
      June 29, 2017 3:43 AM MDT

Yes I am Deaves. Taxing based on internet usage. I agree that there are already too many taxes but could a tax be imposed on USE of the internet? A USE TAX? How many internet-reliant devices do you have? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      June 29, 2017 3:47 AM MDT

I have four. I use two primarily. Computer and cell phone. I use a Nook reader and an old phone for emails.

A tax on the amount of internet use would not surprise me if it were implemented.
      June 29, 2017 3:50 AM MDT

It seems to me that would be a HUGE source of money. I guess they would have to monitor each location much like the utility companies do and keep track of how much you use and then send you a bill each month.  It would probably be in the billions of dollars don'tcha think? Of course depending  upon the tax rate some folks would no longer be able to afford it. Anyway I hope that day doesn't arrive but like you I won't be surprised if it does! Thank you for your additional comment! :)
      June 29, 2017 4:02 AM MDT

Two. Phone and tablet. I use both for work, internet access is essential - to access the state government database and to log jobs.
      June 29, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

right now im just using my netbook and laptop
      June 29, 2017 3:40 PM MDT